Dear L

LISA

"Hello! Hello! Good evening my our lovely listeners. This is your DJ L saying, it is going to be a night of another wonderful love story we're going to hear again or should I say, a story that will pinch your heart, just a bit. Don't forget to send us your music mood for tonight so I can hit the button and make your Christmas season an awesome one.

Hang on and I'll start reading our picked story for tonight from your comments. But for now, enjoy Michael Buble's 'Home'. "

The voice that night listeners are always waiting for. The voice that sweeps them of their feet. A calming voice that even if they don't see her, they're having a crush on the person behind it. The loveliest voice they crave for that gives them high hopes in love.

Lisa hits the off mic button and chooses her pick for tonight from the messages sent to her by her radio listeners.

She was so focused in scrubbing love letters and request from the list. Some made her amazed. Some made her heart feel pain. There are funny ones. But the most sent request are messages from listeners who want to express love to someone. But most of the time she just randomly pick it. Did you know how Lisa started as a DJ? It was an accidental blessing. Let's say, a redirection. Well, she's really into speaking and communicating. She took Communication in college but due to financial struggles of her family, she was not able to finish it. She was given the opportunity to host a radio show when the previous DJ was diagnosed with cancer. He was Lisa's good friend in college. He's also the one who recommended Lisa on the Network.  At first, her segment was not really a hit, but she came up with an idea of receiving calls from listeners and even letters via Facebook messenger of the show. From that day on and in four years running, and at the age of 22, her radio show has become a big hit.

She's reading some online letters one by one when she heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" She said while still gazing on the computer screen beside her radio equipment.

It's RM. A good friend of hers who also works here at the Media Network. But he is a journalist on TV news while Lisa is a Disc Jockey for the Radio Department.

"Lis, Gerard let me in already. Thank god that they know me here now." He said while panting. Lisa told him to sit on the couch.

"What's up, man? Are you okay?" She asked him.

"We have a problem." RM looked at her with worried eyes.

"What is it?" Lisa asked curiously.

"Tzuyu." He said.

Lisa sighed.

"I can't talk to her right now. Look, I'll be airing in five minutes to read a message." She shook her head.

"She's outside. She's going wild. I think you really need to talk to her." RM looked at her and she knows that it's serious.

"Man, I can't for now. Can you please talk to her first? Please? For me? Just let her in after my shift. Listeners are waiting and I can't leave the air hanging." Lisa asked a favor.

RM sighed and went out of Lisa's radio booth.

"How good Michael Buble's song in our ears, right? Do you agree with me? I guess, you should. You don't have a choice, I pick our songs sometimes. Anyway, I have already chosen a story for tonight and it goes this way..." Lisa took a deep breath before starting to read the letter.

What's in her mind right now is actually how do her listeners look like when she starts reading a story for them; where they are in the world. She is also curious if they cry over the air waves sometimes.

Dear L,

Just call me Miss Faithful.

This is just to ask you if you're single?

"Oh. Guys, please not this one. Let's don't discuss about my personal life here. But what do you think?" She then laughed.

She clicked another message and read it.

Dear L,

This is Mia.

Me and my boyfriend broke up a week ago. I still can't get over him. He cheated on me but I still want him back. What should I do?

"Hi Mia! I hope you will be fine soon. But let me tell you this, once a guy cheated, that means he did it with intention. If you love a person, you will never ever hurt her intentionally. You get what I mean? And girl, don't run after him. He's not worthy of your supreme love. Know your worth. I am sure you are lovely and someone out there is meant for you who will give you the love and respect that you deserve. You are beautiful. It's okay to get hurt, but make sure you will overcome this and go kick some ass!"

Lisa clicked another song. It's a request from a listener.

RM opened the door again and leaned on the side.

"Now she knows who I am. She must not be here, R." Lisa is so disappointed.

"You should have thought of the consequences before fucking around. Here she is." RM is so upset of what his best friend has done again.

A beautiful lady came in, just in her teens. Yes, a minor.

"Hi, Tzu! What's up?" She stood up and about to kiss the girl on the cheek.

But Lisa was slapped so hard.

"Ouch! The f-!" Lisa was surprised.

"I am pregnant! You took advantage of me!" She said. Lisa's eyes were as big as a coin.

"Congratulations! But why did you slap me?" Sarcastic Lisa.

"Fuck you! Fuck you very much! You did this!" Tzuyu is already crying.

"What?!" Lisa is really doubting.

"Two weeks ago, we were so drunk inside my dormitory. We slept together!" She said crying.

"Girl, the next time this asshole winks at you, please never be tempted. She has a lot of women. I am not even sure how many girls she will bring at her apartment tonight." RM spoke up.

"Wait. Tzu, we didn't have sex. You were so drunk. And I know that you are a minor even if you lied to me. I saw your ID on your desk when I was cleaning your puke on the floor. I wouldn't touch a minor. I know I'm an ass but I wouldn't do it to you. Now tell me. Be honest with me. You also play around. Don't be clean here. It takes one to know one. You have a boyfriend?" She interrogated the young girl while crossing her arms.

Tzuyu looked down and nodded.

"Talk to him. I swear, nothing happened to us. I am sorry if I flirted with you at the bar." She apologized and Tzuyu accepted it.

RM asked Lisa to come with him in an acoustic bar for a few bottles of beer. Lisa declined as it is not yet pay-day. She is saving her money for the rent and to send some for her mother at the province.

RM promised to treat her and will even bring her home after.

"If only people will know how of a fucktard their lovely L is. Man, stop being an asshole please. You are a University chick fucker, don't you know?" He rolled his eyes.

Lisa just smirked and drank her beer.

"Look, sex comes to me. I have a gift. What am I going to do with this? Just let it rot? Man, who doesn't love sex especially if it's free?" Lisa defended herself.

"Ugh. What I mean is, look for your constant. A girlfriend. Be serious, L. Do you have the word 'karma' in your dictionary or it just all goes down straight to your dick?" Her best friend really wants her to be decent.

"Constant? Girlfriend? You know that I am not ready for it. I hate emotions. I don't like when someone is clinging to me. I don't have money for dates, but how I wish there'll be a salary increase this quarter. And you know that I am not good in relationships. It will never be in my system." She said and her best friend just remained patient with her.