"Papa!!" A worried voice came rushing to the kitchen, a gift wrapper attached to her hand. "What's wrong!?"

"Aki, haha, what are you doing here? I thought you were sorting out your gifts?" Kazutora asked with a chuckle, moving his daughter away from the shards. "My hand slipped and dropped a plate, don't worry about it."

"Are you sure? I can clean up for you!" Aki suggested, watching as her father went to get the broom and dustpan. "You prepared everything for my birthday today. I could've done the dishes at least!"

"It's fine, you worry too much."

"But still-!!"

Aki was quite worried about her father for the past few months. He's been acting strange and out of it. She watched him run into a wall a total of eight times, that was just yesterday. Maybe he was working too much, but she already asked her aunt about her father's schedule.

And everything was alright. He hasn't taken any overtime because he still had to take care of her. Although she told him many times already that she can take care of herself and he should use his free time to rest.

But as much as she scolded him, he still doesn't listen. He even prepared a surprise birthday party for her this afternoon with her friends. And her aunt, Chie, came just a while ago and gave her a present.

"So, whose gift was your favorite?" Kazutora asked, going back to washing the dishes.

"Hm... I don't know. I got a lot of presents this year!" Aki beamed, running over to the drying dishes to dry them manually and help out. "But, I like papa's gift the most!"

"I'm glad to hear that."

Aki has grown a lot in the past nine years. Aki was resembling her mother more and more, it was like she was just a copy-paste of her. Appearance-wise, anyways.

Aki's personality... Well, it's nothing like her mother's. Aki is a giant ball of energy that never seems to run out. If she and her mother were the same age and hung out together, you'd see (Y/N) beg her to shut up.

And just like her parents... Aki... somehow... has a love to fight people too. Well, it's understandable, considering that her mother and father are two people who also liked to fight. But he wished that this child was a lot calmer.

He got called from work after Aki threw hands when she was in third grade. She knocked off a tooth from her classmate. Some guy who was annoying, as per her words.

And just like (Y/N), Aki loved photography. That was why Kazutora got Aki a digital camera.

Capturing a moment in time, and preserving them to love for all eternity. That was (Y/N)'s mindset of photos. That was why she had three full albums of them in their youth. And he has that in his possession. But... it's best if Aki doesn't see it.

"I'll take care of the rest here, Aki. Go back to sleep, we're still going to the aquarium tomorrow." Kazutora informed, patting the girl on his head.

"Hm....." Aki glanced over the dishes that still need to be washed. There were only a few left. "Fine! But if you're tired, tell me!" (Kazutora is now a certified dilf) [the fuck💀]

Aki ran back to her room and began to arrange the gift wrappers, throwing them in her trash and putting her gifts on her desk to arrange tomorrow. It's almost eleven and she's really tired. She had a lot of fun today.

She jumped to her bed, thinking back to her surprise party. It really was a fun day.

"Hey, mama, papa threw me a surprise party today." Aki took out a photo from under her pillow, looking at the girl between two boys. "Aunty got me a laptop."