Epilogue

Update 2/2 today. Don't miss the chapter before this one!

Three Years Later

Makoto and Kyoko both stood at the top of the grand staircase, grabbed the champagne bottle, and popped the cork together. Everyone below clapped loudly, hollering or whistling. They laughed, not at all surprised by our reactions. What else would be a better way to celebrate their engagement?

After three years of relocations, endless paperwork and assignments, and love, Kyoko finally proposed to Makoto. Tonight was their engagement party. People from both Kyoko's line of work and Makoto's were in attendance, but so was everyone from our cul-de-sac, as well as everyone from the Ultimate Club during Makoto's years of attendance.

None of us were invited to Byakuya's wedding, as it was a private affair, so tonight was the night we all finally got to meet Mei. She was everything he claimed was needed in a woman in order to provide an heir to the Togami name, and to top it all off, she was super friendly. From the moment Nagito and I introduced ourselves, she hugged us tight and claimed that she felt she knew us her whole life based on how much Byakuya has mentioned us. We felt honored to still be considered a close and personal friend of his, even if it was rare for us to ever see each other. Though, once a year, we would make time for a dinner or event to catch up.

Aoi and Sakura were married, as well. They married each other in a small gathering only a few months after our beach trip in high school. They even planned to adopt a little girl in the upcoming months, intending to teach her all about swimming and mixed martial arts. Knowing them, I knew they'd make great mothers.

As the four of us talked, Sonia and Gundham approached us. Over the years, the two of them joined our group of friends, instantly clicking with everyone, mainly due to them becoming huge fans of Band Aid and helping them to release an album that went straight to number one on the punk charts.

"Hey, you two," Aoi greeted. "Nagito was telling us about your new business venture. How's it coming along?"

"Oh, it's wonderful," Sonia gushed. "Nagito was the one to come up with it."

The moment Sonia was sworn in as the new heir to the Nevermind Corporation, she kicked her parents out of the practice, forcing them to retire early away from the business and leave all matters to her. Her first command was to make Nagito her newest right-hand man, cementing him in the Nevermind name as a positive influence forever. As pissed as her parents were, there was nothing they could do about it, considering they signed the company over to her.

As for Chiaki and myself, we attended a technical school together and worked with Chihiro in order to create our RPG. It was one of the best-selling games on the market, with multiple companies wanting to tag their name on the project, including the Nevermind and the Togami Corporations.

After talking for a while, Nagito and I excused ourselves to congratulate Makoto and Kyoko. We stood behind Komaru and Toko, who were still happily dating. We weren't sure if the two would ever get married, only because they never seemed to talk about it. All we knew was that the two girls loved each other, considered each other soulmates, and planned to be with each other for the rest of their lives. They didn't need to get married to prove their love for each other, because they proved it every day just by waking up and telling the other "I love you."

When it was our turn, Nagito and I exchanged turns in hugging the two and congratulating them. "Thanks, guys. We're glad you could come," Makoto chirped.

"We wouldn't miss this for the world," Nagito said as he reached for my hand.

"I guess it's now a race to see which one of us can't wait until our actual wedding dates to get married," Makoto teased.

Looking at Kyoko, she smirked at us, knowing full well the Nagito and I were the first to get married. Not even a week after we proposed, we went to the courthouse and got married with my parents as our witnesses. We still intended to have a ceremony where we would celebrate with all our friends and family, but I loved Nagito so much, I didn't want to waste a moment where I wasn't his husband.

Though Kyoko knew, we refused to say anything. This was a night meant to celebrate them, and the last thing we'd ever consider was taking the spotlight away from them. We'd enjoyed our special day, so we wouldn't dream of taking the magic away from someone else. It was the best part. 

I hope you all enjoyed "The Ultimates"! This book definitely helped make me want to go back to writing again. I know the past few months have been a challenge for me to post a new chapter, but thank you everyone for being patient with me as I update it. I hope you liked it and will read my other books, including my new book "Dreams: The Nightmares We Accept" which will be posted after this. Glam on!