Twenty-Nine

Nagito's cold was practically gone the following day, but we still spent the day indoors watching movies. He asked if the two of us could spend the day alone together, which I was more than happy to do. I always loved spending one-on-one time with him, especially whenever he would cuddle into my chest and lay his legs over mine. I liked having him on my lap where I could hold him securely, and I was glad he liked it as well.

The week proceeded as usual, but when Friday rolled around, Nagito didn't come home with me. Sonia claimed her parents needed to talk to him about missing a day of school. He promised he would come home after the meeting, but he never did. He wound up calling, claiming that everything was fine and that Gundham and Sonia were going to hijack him for the night instead.

I hated not having him over, especially after him having a meeting with Sonia's parents. He might have said that the meeting went well, but it might not actually have. Sonia and Gundham may have kept him company for the night, but they could have left him to sleep alone in his apartment. I didn't like him being alone, especially after something so serious happened.

Around one in the morning, I received a call from Nagito. I quickly answered the phone, frantically asking, "Hello?"

"Hajime," Nagito sighed and chuckled simultaneously. "Were you really that worried about me?"

"Of course! You just had a meeting with Sonia's parents, didn't come home, and wound up staying at your place because Sonia and Gundham needed to keep you company after that meeting."

"Hajime, I told you the meeting went okay. They just wanted to make sure I was okay and that I wouldn't fall behind because of me missing a day. It was just standard procedure. I'm used to it."

"But you were so worried over missing that day because of them."

"For other reasons. Reasons you don't need to worry about, okay? Everything went well, and Sonia, Gundham, and I had a good night together," he calmly responded. "Think of it as me spending time with my own friends."

I sighed. "I'm sorry. I sound really paranoid, don't I?"

"Well, you had valid reasons to be. That's why I wanted to call you and let you know I'm okay."

"Are they still with you?"

"No, they left at midnight. I've been trying to fall asleep, but I couldn't. I'm sorry if I woke you up."

"It's okay. I told you I'd answer your texts the moment I can. The same goes for calls. Besides... I like talking with you."

"Me too." He was silent. "I miss you."

"I miss you, too. Will you be coming over tomorrow?"

"Actually," he dragged out, causing my heart to speed anxiously, "I was wondering if you would come over to my place? You haven't seen my apartment yet, have you?"

"No, I haven't."

"Well, I want to cook you dinner over here tomorrow. Do you think you could?"

"I'd love to," I hummed.

"Great," Nagito exhaled. "I'll text you my address and the entrance code. Come by at six, okay?"

"Okay, I will."

"Wonderful." Nagito was silent again, and so was I. "Goodnight, Hajime."

"Goodnight, Nagito."

I fell back asleep, far more peacefully this time.

^^^

Nagito's apartment building seemed normal on the outside, the same as any other complex would look. So did the inside, with there being a couch, a TV, a recliner, a coffee table, and bookshelves in the living room, along with a dining room table and a large kitchen. The entire place was formal and fancy, as expected of a penthouse suite.