Thirty-Two

Originally, Kazuichi and I were both supposed to go the Chiaki's Smash Bros Tournament, but after Nagito joined our group, we felt bad about excluding him. Kyoko agreed to take the day off and go in my place, but since Kazuichi had to head into work for his side job, Chiaki asked me to join. I wasn't worried about leaving Nagito alone since he became friends with everyone in the cul-de-sac. He wouldn't be bored while we weren't spending time together.

However, now that we were officially dating, I felt bad about leaving him. We'd just confessed the night before, so we should have been spending the day together. I couldn't let Chiaki down, though. As confident as she was playing games, she felt better whenever she had her friends around to support her. I had to be there for her.

I was glad Nagito was spending time with Sonia. She truly loved and cared about him, and it seemed like the two wanted to talk about me and what happened last night, so I had no issues with leaving them alone. It was good for couples to spend time separately and with their own friends, but I still wished he were with me at the tournament.

At least I had Kyoko to keep me company. While Chiaki was dominating the scoreboards, Kyoko and I could talk and catch up while we supported her.

"So they are a client of yours?" Kyoko clarified.

"Yeah. When Chihiro told me they were into programming, we started talking about her game idea, and they told me they were interested in supporting us. I gave each of them the other's contact information's, and they've been talking ever since."

"I was wondering about that. Chiaki always seems excited whenever she's talking with Chihiro. I was curious about what their relationship might have been."

"As far as I am aware, it's all professional. Besides, Chihiro is in a throuple."

"Well, unless they plan to add Chiaki to their polyamorous relationship, it seems like they've become great friends. I'm glad you introduced them to her. She seems a lot happier now than she was before I left. I know it's not only because of Chihiro but you, Nagito, and Kazuichi as well. Thank you for keeping such a close eye on her for me."

"Of course. Chiaki is special to me. I consider her my sister."

"I'm glad. I'm also happy over you and Nagito admitting your feelings for each other."

"What? How did you know that?"

"You didn't come home last night. I could only assume why." As I looked away, embarassed, Kyoko laughed. "I'm kidding. You've got a hickey behind your ear."

I slapped my hand over my ear. "Uh, yeah... we admitted our feelings for each other."

"Then the two of you are in an official relationship?"

"Yeah. We are."

"I'm happy for the two of you," she smiled. "The two of you seemed to care very deeply for one another, so I am happy that you were able to express your affections and be able to openly love one another."

"Me too," I chuckled.

"How did it unfold?"

"We'd just finished dinner, and he was bringing out dessert and coffee. We were talking about enjoying being around each other, and he just... kissed me. We admitted that we'd been keeping our feelings a secret, and I asked him to be my boyfriend."

"How romantic." She held up her finger. "I'm sure Kazuichi will be happy to know that his efforts went well."

"What efforts?" I asked, glaring at her.

"When Nagito was sick, the two apparently had a talk where Nagito confessed that he had feelings for you. Kazuichi told him that you would never be the one to make the first move, so if anything was going to happen between the two of you, he was going to have to make the first move," she explained. "He'd said he thought over his words carefully to make sure he didn't give away your feelings but still made sure that Nagito knew that if he confessed, he wouldn't be turned down."

While I should have considered what he did to be a bit sneaky, I couldn't be mad at him. Kazuichi didn't tell him my feelings, and he merely helped push us in the right direction so we could be where we were. If anything, I should have been thanking him, because if he didn't help, we would have continued to skirt around each other.

"Well, now that one more couple has been formed in our group, we're just waiting on the last one," I snickered. Kyoko lowered her head as she giggled. "How much longer until you confess to Makoto?"

"Not for a while," she admitted. "I'm still in the middle of training at our company, and once I officially begin taking on my own cases, I will have a lot of my plate. Until I get into the swing of everything and know how to give Makoto the attention he deserves, I refuse to make any sort of move on him. It would be rude and irresponsible if I did."

"And the moment you can?"

"I will confess. As I'm sure you know, Makoto knows about my feelings for him, just as I know about his. However, the reason we have refused to properly acknowledge them is simply because of our conflicting schedules. When a relationship is first starting out, it shouldn't be a hard struggle to make time for one another. You should be able to spend time with your partner and then move on to work through the conflictions. Entering a relationship with multiple conflictions will end poorly no matter." She smiled at me. "I have no doubts that you and Nagito will work well together, as the two of you happen to be in a good place right now."

Chiaki won the round, and Kyoko and I jumped up from our seats to cheer her on. She smiled and waved at us.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. Nagito had texted me a picture of him and my parents all cooking dinner together. I chuckled and showed Kyoko the picture, and the two of us sent one back to him, keeping him updated on Chiaki's winning streak. We knew that she was going to win the tournament, and we were sure her competitors knew as well. She was one of the best gamers of all time.

"There is one thing that might stand in our way," I admitted to Kyoko, and she quirked her eyebrow at me. "It's his- well, his friend Sonia's parents. After Nagito's parents passed away, hers took care of him since his parents died saving her life. Every time he mentions them, he seems nervous. He doesn't like them, and he's told me before that he doesn't want me to meet them."

"If they're truly bad people, it would make sense why he wouldn't want you to meet them. If that is your only conflict, I believe the two of you will be able to work through it. Talk it out with him, ask what's going on and what you can do to alleviate the situation. A good relationship relies on good communication. You two have always been very communicative, so I know you two will be able to work past it."

"Thanks, Kyoko."

"Are you wanting to meet her parents?"

"I'm more worried about how he'll handle it if I ever did meet them. I think he's worried I'd leave him if I did meet them."

"You won't," she stated. "That's not something you would ever fathom doing."

"I know."

"Then make sure he knows it."

I smiled. "Hopefully he will now that we're together. Knowing that he has me and that I want to be with him just as much as he does. Loving him has nothing to do with his money and everything to do with liking him."

"As I said, you two are truly romantic," she giggled. "It suits you both perfectly."

Sorry for taking so long to update. So much has been going on with both my jobs and school this week. I'll try to update again within the next few days. Vote, comment, share, and glam on!