"Wha—?" (Y/N) was really confused at his behavior, shouldn't he be waving a spear at her or something? She but her lip as a rejecting expression came over her face. "And you okay with that...?"

"Of course!" Monty chuckled, leaning forward and patting her head softly as he pretend to look around and whisper; "Don't tell anyone, but I think they're pretty cool."

(Y/N) and nodded in mock seriousness before laughed a little, gaining a soft look from Monty when she did so. She then looked at him in curiosity. "Did you... ever meet one?"

(Y/N) furrowed her brows when Monty's expression dulled in melancholy. "Yes, I did. And she was the sweetest, most spirited woman I have ever met..."

"What happened?"

"Well," Monty sat down next to (Y/N) again, pursing his lips in thought. "It was before I came to Portorosso. I was a light-keeper in a pretty small town and did fishing on the side." (Y/N) was paying close attention to what she hearing, holding her brace as he continued.

"The people there were pretty strict when it came to certain rules, and it would rain horribly!" Monty quirked a tired smile as if he was reliving it again, running a hand through his (H/C) hair. "It would storm pretty much every night! It was crazy!"

They laughed before Monty's smile became more lively. "Then one night, it stormed harshly, it was pretty bad—and I was on fishing duty. With a net full of fish, I drove back to the docks—only to find someone laying on rocks unconscious, I ran over to help and was surprised to see someone who wasn't human."

(Y/N) was wide eyed, wonder and slight impatience on her face to what was next. "She didn't have too many injuries, so my thought was that she was caught in the storm. I brought her in and took care of her until she woke up. She definitely didn't trust me... she clawed me right in the face when I was tending to her arm. That actually really hurt, heh."

"Then... what happened?" Monty chuckled in amusement when (Y/N) yawned in the middle of her sentence, ruffling her hair as he stood up and walked towards the shelf and picked up the family photo and walking back over. "Long story short; with a lot of convincing, she stayed while her body was healing, in that time we got to know each other, even fell in love. A year later and we had a child... half human—half sea monster, we didn't care and we loved her very much."

He gave the picture to (Y/N) and she couldn't help but squint at it, eyes widening as realization slowly dawned on her. "you're my..." She looked at Monty with new tears in her eyes as he stared forward.

"I don't know how, but the town found out about us." Monty turned away from (Y/N) as he pulled a familiar shell necklace from inside his shirt, looking at it sadly. "They attacked and cornered us at the docks, throwing harpoons and spears—one even nicked me in the arm." He gestured to the scar on his bicep. "Before they could catch up, I told her to take the baby and swim into the sea. Very reluctantly, she agreed and the rest is history..."

(Y/N) gaped at him in disbelief, shock, happiness and much more. Monty turned back to her and gave her a concerned look. "I know this is a lot, but... are you okay—woah!" (Y/N) cut him off when she put the picture down and tackled him into a hug, minding her arm as Monty chuckled breathlessly. "Oh, you're definitely you're mothers daughter... Ow."

"... she told me you were dead... papa." Since her face as nuzzled into his side, (Y/N) didn't noticed Monty's shocked expression at what she called him, quickly wiping away happy and sad tears as (Y/N) yawned loudly.