🄴🅁🅁🄾🅁 🄲🄾🄳🄴: 52

"See? Over? Now please stop messing up my room.. I actually cleaned it well today." Tommy says, picking up a pillow and tossing it back onto his bed.

"It's usually well cleaned..." I tell him, starting to pick up the things I tossed off the ground as well.

"Is that a compliment?" He asks me.

"I guess if you see it that way.." I mutter.

A little while later, we got the room back to looking like how it did prior to my interference. 

Great! Fantastic!

I sat onto the floor once more, leaning my back against the bedframe, proceeding to stare up at the ceiling of Tom's room. All while Tom sat besides me, somewhat mirroring what I was doing.

"..Anyway, you must be pretty tired with having to deal with being on stream..." Tom murmurs out, "Do you want to go home? If you don't want to call a ride, we can drop you home."

Hearing Tom's words froze me in place for a moment.

Home...

Do I... Really want to go home..?

Am I wanting to be in the same house as... her..?

.

.

.

"...Uhh, nah."

"Hmm?" Tommy eyed me, seeming to notice that something was wrong, "..Hey, what's up?"

"It was just some family stuff.." I said, "so... I don't want to go home yet"

"Ah.." Tom pauses for a moment, thinking, "...Wanna talk?"

I took a glance at him.

"You really want to hear about my problems?" I asked, the words sounding more sarcastic than anything.

"It's not like I mind that much." He replied.

I thought long and hard for a while.

Do I? or do I not?

The question was so simple, but the answers are always the hardest.

In the end, one of the only other people I trust letting my guard down around is him. 
I can tell him a little bit about what happened...

But as soon as I opened my mouth, I wasn't able to stop myself from saying more than needed.

I told him about the fight me and my mother had in the car, the reason why and how... What I did afterwards, how I ran to his place...

He listened to every word, just listening...
.
.
.
He was surprisingly a good listener...

And saying it all to him made me feel so much more lighter.

"So that's what happened..." Tom mutters out, processing everything said to him, "..That seems like something you'd do too..."

"Yeah?" I smiled a bit.

Tom nods.
"..But, you shouldn't care what other people think.." He tells me, "You're one of the most headstrong person I know... Don't let other people's thoughts get to you." 

"...yeah, yeah.." I closed my eyes.

.

.

.

.

"You're going to have to go home at some point..." Tom mentions to me.

"I know.." I replied, "But I'd rather just stay here..."

"...Yeah, I know." He responds, "Though... you know how parents can be though. They'll start to worry if you're not back."

I slowly opened my eyes, allowing the harsh light to blink me a bit.
My hand started moving on its own... and soon I came to realize how close our hands were.

I feel his finger tips...

"...I don't want my mum to make me stop seeing you." I confessed, "..I can't bare the thought anymore."

The two of us were silent, but my heartbeat continued to pound loudly in my eardrums. After admitting such a thing? I thought my ears were about to burst..!

I felt my left hand do it's usual gripping motion, causing me to have placed my hand over Tom's.

.

.

.

Well fuck.

No going back now, I guess...

Out of curiosity, I stared at Tom. He was hesitantly looking over to me, his cheeks dusting a light shade of pink.

Was it from my words? or my actions? I'm not even sure anymore...

But in the end to my surprise, he flipped his hand over and lightly interlocked our hands.
He seemed really nervous by doing this, but he tried his best to keep his composure.

"...I get what you mean. I feel the same." Tom admits, voice sounding timid, "We don't want what happened last time happen again..."

...Huh.

That would be kinda like last time.. Just different conditions and situations really...

Not being able to see Tom again?
Honestly at this point.. I'd lose my mind if that ever happened again. I'll definitely grow to hate people again...

Yeah...That's what would happen.

"But I'm sure it won't..." Tom muttered.

I raise an eyebrow.
"You're so sure?"

He nods, assuring me.
"Yeah. I'm sure."

You're really too good for me...
How am I even able to be in the same room as you?

This really feels like a daydream...
..but I know it's reality.

So much has happened that it has to be real...

"Can you walk me home then?" I ask him.

This seems to spark a visible reaction from him.
"H- huh?"

"I'd rather have you walk with me... I'd like a calming walk out..." I say.

He stares at me, unsure about what to do.

"...Now?"

"Yeah, why not?" I went to go stand up, I still held onto his hand, "As long as you're with me, I feel like I can go home."

Tom just nods to me, getting up and leading me out of the room.

He dragged me along behind him, his grip on my hand getting tighter.

..only now am I realizing how warm his hand his.
......and how clammy it is.

By the time we got downstairs, Tom turns back to shout.

"Hey, mum!! We're heading out..!" He calls out.

"...Okay, Tom! Be back soon..!" Motherinnit's voice replied a little muffled a few seconds later.

"Alright..!!" Tom replies.

He then turns to look at me, then his eyes stare at our intertwined hands.
As if in shock, he backs away and lets g of my hand.. seeming more embarrassed than he was before.

"Let's-- uhh... let's just go.." He stuttered out, opening the front door for the two of us.

I nodded and followed him out of the house. 

And once we closed the door, we started making our way down the street in the direction of my house.