🄴🅁🅁🄾🅁 🄲🄾🄳🄴: 35

My phone started beeping, and a notification box displayed on my screen. It said my phone was on low battery and was about to die.

"Oh shi-"

It was about 5%- but yeah. pretty much on life support right now.

"Hmm? whats wrong?" Luca asked.

"Phones about to go flat" I answered to her.

"Damn, you should really charge your phone" Luca says, stating the obvious.

"Yeah, yeah... I will when I get home." I say, tapping off of the notification box.

"Alrighty then. We can talk once you get home if you want." Luca offers, "So- talk to you then?"

"Yee." I say, "Cya, Luca"

"Bye, Y/N" She waves me goodbye before hanging up.

I turned off my phone and tucked it into my hoodies pocket.

The store was just in eye sight, and so I hurried my way over and into it.

The small convivence store's door slid open upon noticing my presence, and a little 'ding' sounded out upon my entry.

Everything was lit up well, as expected from a store. The shelves were stocked with various snacks and items for peoples everlasting desires- food desires mainly.

There was still a lot of things pretty untouched. You'd think that no one has been here all day...

My eyes glanced over to my left to see the stores front desk. No was was there at first, but a few seconds later I saw the store owner stroll on in.

"Hello Mr. Allen." I greeted him, giving him a small little wave as I started to walk further into the store.

"Ah- Hello Y/N! How have you been?" He asks, raising his voice for me to hear.

"Things are going well enough" I answered, scrolling through the shelves, "You?"

"Well... as good as it can be" He responds to me, "Business hasn't been the same since the pandemic"

'It is pretty empty in here...'

I didn't really know how to verbally reply to Mr. Allen, so I just said nothing.

I'm not the best with small talk when it comes to adults in some situations. Just be polite and don't be a dick-- That was my dad's advice. But that only is okay half of the time...

The only reason I can talk a little more casually with Mr. Allen is because he and his wife are family friends-- on my dads side that is.

My dad and Mr. Allen were college buddies.

The two usually got to talk whenever my dad would come here every other day, but he hasn't been coming as much because of his new job.

'rip that bromance- I guess'

After scrolling through the shelves for some time, I finally located the bread we usually got.

I took about.. two loafs, before starting to make my way back over to the front of the store.
I plopped down the two bread loafs, and Mr. Allen took one and started scanning them.

"So, are you here for anything else in particular?" He asks me.

My eyes darted around some of the items displayed on the counter, but didn't see anything appealing.

"No, just these for now" I ended up saying.

"Alright..." He mutters, pushing some buttons into the little cash register before turning back to me, "...And that will be £3.10"