🄴🅁🅁🄾🅁 🄲🄾🄳🄴: 53

The rustling trees, the bright and beaming moon, along with the sparkling stars welcomed Tom and I once again into the beautiful night.

Though even with this beautiful night... We ended up going to a place I hesitated to go to for some time now...

Preston Park.

A place full of wonderful... and bad memories.

I stood outside the gate's entrance, simply looking in.

'Do I go in? or take the longer route..?'

Tom seemed to notice my slight discomfort and decided to speak out.

"We can go a different--"

"Nah... It's fine Tommy... I'm fine with it."

We were already here, so why not?

I took a step forward, and seeing as there was no going back... I continued going through the park with Tom by my side.

Either way, I would have to face this place again in the future... So- it doesn't really matter that much to me... not anymore at least.

The walk was quiet, the sounds of chirping sparrows lingered in the air... like a soft chime of melodies. Our footsteps along the path sounded throughout the night too... knowing that me and him are probably the only people out here in the park made me feel so much more at ease.
At least- for now.

When we were half way through our walk, we ended up at my favorite section in the entire park... The section with the prettiest view... and the section where...

..

.

.

I walked over and placed my hands onto the railing to overlook the body of water down below once more. The water was so pretty... especially with the stars and moon being reflected off of it, capturing the nights beauty even more.

But no matter how pretty the scenery was, I couldn't help but think back to that night.

"You're thinking about it... right?" Tom's voice said in a low tone.

I jumped a little at the sudden conversation starter.

He can read me pretty well now... I guess it makes sense. We've been spending every day together- so it makes a little sense to how he'd notice habits about me that I haven't even noticed myself.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned, trying to act oblivious.

"You're making that face again... It's hard not to notice" He points out.

'I'm making a face..?'

"Hey, Tom" I said.

"Uhh.... Yeah, Y/N?" He questions, finally walking over and standing besides me.

My eyes traced up to look at the starry sky.
"You find the world unfair and cruel too... right?"

There was silence for a few moments, but Tommy responded.

"...at times, I guess" He replies, "....why?"

"I just find it pretty funny now... Y'know- everyone in the world only has so much time to do things they want to... and by the time they go, they still desire and wish to do more. They're so greedy..." I chuckled a little at my statement, "I would love for life to be longer... At least then people would be able to live."

"But we're still living" Tommy says.

"I know... It's just that-" My eyes darted around for a bit, "...Life is being more crueler on me than usual..."