🄴🅁🅁🄾🅁 🄲🄾🄳🄴: 3

Unlike every other battle Dream did today, I was a different opponent.

I didn't charge forward.

After watching the way he fought, I made sure to not make the same mistake his other opponents made.

Attacking first without a plan.

If I charged first, I would've surely got countered one way or another, causing me to get more of my health taken away and not having enough of a distance to run if I needed to heal.

If Dream attacks first, it'd put me at the better advantage since I have better access to the high ground.
And even if my plan gets flawed and he doesn't come forward, I've got a good sense of how the area is mapped so I could lure him to different parts of the map... Or attack from certain points if he continues to use his shield.

Sadly, Dream was smart to be cautious of me.

"If they're going what I think they're doing...." Dream's voice sounded from his stream "....I'll just wait"

Well, we both can't just play on the defensive Dream.

.....

....

...

..

.

.

.

--fineeee. I'll play by your rules and attempt to go on the offense first. Thanks Mr. 900 Mil IQ.

I loaded up my crossbow and held out my axe in my main hand while having the shield in my offhand.
I then charged forward to Dream, him also following my lead.

We both held up our shields, circling eachother to search for an opening. Dream continued jumping, getting him a better chance to try and crit me. All while I stayed on the ground, holding up my shield and spamming my left click button just in case if he makes my shield go into it's recharge slate.
Dream slowly got closer to my character, putting down and up his shield as a way to tempt me into attacking him.

And because of his constant taunting, I even mimicked and tried my luck a few times with putting down and putting up my shield too.
He ended up trying to attack when we were forced to take a sharp turn, but he missed in doing so.

This kinda repeated a few times, and after the third time, we started trading hits. Only doing about 2 hearts worth of damage to me the first time, then 2 and a half the second time, then the third time he got me to half health.

I'm sure we pretty much did the same amount of damage to eachother. The sounds of the hits were also a dead give away. I'd at least got him to around half health.

Dream began to run away from me after my last hit on him, I followed after him and placed my shield up just in time to see an arrow leave his crossbow, bouncing off my shield like a rubber ball.

Though even with the missed shot, he continued to run. So, I took my chances to shoot him with the normal bow and arrow.

hit.

miss.

deflected arrow.

We both stop and shield for a while, watching eachother very closely.

Honestly, I felt like we're both starving caged animals fighting to the death. Weird simile, but it's true.

I slowly made my way forward and took my chances with using the crossbow's arrow-- which missed horribly.
And because of my awful miss, and because I was on the low ground, Dream shot me with his crossbow, only dealing 1 and a half hearts worth of damage.