🄴🅁🅁🄾🅁 🄲🄾🄳🄴: 37

The sound of static suffocated my ear drums. And- my lungs started to hurt more than ever as it tried its best to grasp the new found air entering in my lungs.

I knew I wasn't dead- or at least, I thought I wasn't dead...

It took a while for me to open my eyes, but once I did... it blurred for a moment before I came to see... Tom.

He stared down at me... His dazzling blue eyes were sparkling as he staring down at me. I think my head was rested on his lap. When he saw my gaze on him, his blue orbs widened and his lips parted slightly. He then brought me up and into a close and engulfing embrace.

'Is this some weird dream?'

Either way- this hug is so warm... or, maybe that's my body playing tricks on me.
If so, what a cruel joke.

I'm not exactly sure what he was saying to me, because my focus wasn't on him anymore as I wished it to be.

Aiden was what I had my eyes on.

The black-haired male was sitting across the way from us, simply smoking a cigarette as he just stared down at the body of water he threw me into just a few moments ago.

My mind was boggled by his current actions.

Wouldn't he have stopped Tommy? Wouldn't he have pulled me away from him?

But, the more I stared at his expression... The more I found a blank slate of what once was there.

'So, this is real. I am still alive' , My mind officially concluded. 'Tommy is really hugging me...'

The warmth I was already feeling became more and more warmer- at least slowly. I'm not as numb as I thought I was...
I'm still drenched though. I may even get a cold or fever after a little bit...

Let's hope the wind is able to dry me.

To think this is all happening right now. Tommy being with me after something so traumatic? Him coming to my rescue like some knight in shining armor? This seems like something out of some fantasy story.

"Y/N...?" I finally was able to hear Tommy speak. 

"Hmm?" I hummed in response, not looking away from Aiden.

"Can- Can you stand at all?" He asks, tone of voice quieting down.

"Yeah, I think so..." I replied.

Tommy stands up, and I was about to as well... But Aiden spoke out.

"Hey, before you two leave..." He begins to say, then turning his gaze to me, "Can I talk to you for a bit, Y/N?"

I was baffled by his suggestion for a split second.

I mean- the guy literally almost killed me and now he wants to small talk?
There really is something wrong with him.

In all honestly, I have little care in what he has to say to me. But- I do have to say, I am a little bit curious on how he'll say it after the shit he just pulled. 

"Y/N" Tommy says, "you don't have to--"

"It's fine." I interrupted him, "He seems harmless now..."

"Harmless?? He-"

"Here" Aiden says, tossing over his bloodied pocketknife to him, it landing near his foot, "just take it if you're that worried about her"

Tom stared between me and Aiden for a long moment, still unsure if he wanted to leave me with the guy who harmed me. He really did looked concerned about this, but when I reassured him it will be fine, he distanced himself from the two of us. He went off to stand under a nearby lamp post.