🄴🅁🅁🄾🅁 🄲🄾🄳🄴: 49

Start from the beginning

.

.

.

"Lily?"

"Hm?"

"..Your teacher told us that you don't play with the other kids."

Lily's expression seemed to soften a bit.
"...oh, Mister Gau told you?"

..Mister G-what?

"..I thought as much" is what Lily ended up muttering out.

"what?"

"Luca always picks me up at the same time everyday. At first, I though she was running a little late due to classes... but I saw her talking with Mister Gau."

She then lets out an sigh, leaning over and tightening her hold onto the plush of the Dream blob. She ends up bringing it close to her chest, burying her face into the head slightly.

Lily begins to mutter.
"I don't like the other kids. They're too loud... and annoying....... and loud..."

"You said loud twice."

"It's because they are..." She closes her eyes, "They're also boring... They're no fun to be around."

"Then.... what do you find fun then?" I asked her.

It was silence between the two of us for a while. 

Oddly in situations like this, I'd feel at least some sort of tense aura. But I didn't feel any type of aura like that from the girl, or the situation.

After a while Lily opened her eyes up once more, she then sat up properly, turning to look my way with a small smile gracing her lips.

"...I always find it fun when I'm with Y/N and Luca."

When she said that, I was beyond speechless. I didn't know what to say to her at all. I really didn't expect for her to get along with me... But then again, she did seem friendly and talkative the first time I came over here with Luca and saw her.

"When I'm around Y/N and Luca, I never get bored. I always learn new things..." Lily confesses, "...and I'm always happy."

 Lily was indeed a precious little angel that grew up in bad circumstances... And she seems more gifted and insightful than other kids her age...

"...As touching as that is, me and Luca would prefer you getting along with kids your age." I said.

...Kinda reminds me of... well-- me.
But- just a little bit...

I didn't care much about other people-- that and their opinions. In some ways, I still do think that way now. Though compared to before, I know when to let people into my life.

"...I'm sure you'd be able to learn new things and be happy with other people. You won't be able to stay around us forever, so creating other bonds would be healthy..."

It seems like the best thing for her.

Even though she's not my sister, even though she's the sister of Aiden... No one deserves to be lonely.
...hell, even Aiden doesn't deserve to be completely lonely.

With my thoughts clouding my mind, I only just noticed that Lily hasn't said anything.

"Lily?"

I wonder... does she not want to make friends that badly?

"...the other kids.... avoid me." Lily quietly said, her expression darkening once more.

.

.