Lay Me Down Chapter 28

Start from the beginning

"Lizzie?" 

I turned around. "Hey Jenny, I was looking for you," I said as my voice shook a little.

"What's wrong?"  

"Nothing, I just c-"

"It doesn't seem like nothing," she told me. "You can talk to me." 

The tears swelled back up and ran from my eyes. "Aww Lizzie, it's okay," she said embracing me.

"I'm sorry. It just hurts so bad and I-I," I sobbed into her shoulder.

"Everything will be okay," she told me as she rubbed my back soothing me.

 I sat across from Jenny in the dark hallway. My tears had ceased and we were just talking. She had told Jay to leave so we could stay and talk. I ended up telling her everything. Everything meaning the scholarship, Tammy, Keith, and even the sex for money. I really don't know why, but I did and was surprised when she didn't judge me on it.

"Lizzie, I don't think Carter did it and I'm not just trying to stand up for him, but I think Carter is in love with you and I don't think he would risk it. I mean, after everything that you two have been through ya'll are still together."  

"He doesn't love me Jenny and he could have been drunk." 

"Well he cares about you a lot," she stated. "Maybe you guys should just talk?" 

"I don't want to talk to him right now." 

She sighed. "Who brought you her? Jay texted me and said a cute guy dropped you off." 

I chuckled. "Jay said he was cute?"

She laughed. "I asked him if he was good looking and he said I guess so. So who was he?" 

"He was just a guy."  

"A guy that is really cute . . ." 

I laughed. She was just telling me to talk it out with Carter but now she was talking about the really cute guy who dropped me off.

"You want to spend the night at my place?" she asked me.

"Yea, that would be nice."  

"Come on lets go" She said getting up off the floor.

I got up off the floor also and followed Jenny to her car.

The drive to her house was quick. I got out of the car and followed her inside.

"Mom I'm home," she yelled out as she closed the door behind us. I saw a tall slender woman appear from a room.