East Coast Joy Part 59

Seon-jae woke and took a few moments to get his bearings what state? what city? then felt the warm imprint of a soft body along his right side and the gentle pressure of a hand curled against his bare skin at the top edge of his tee, along his collar-bone. He lay perfectly still, savouring the delicious intimacy of this touch, then the golden memory of the children's welcome home concert and party - with their home-baked cookies - returned.  Finally, he remembered the piano and he was seized with a desire to touch it again. Of course, I can't play in the middle of the night but I'd love to just run my hands over the keys again, after all these years. He turned his head silently and gazed at his beauty as she slept, her head close to him, her arm out-stretched to touch him, as though even in sleep, she wanted as little distance as possible between them. I feel just the same, you sweet, gorgeous lady.

After the concert and party, the fun had continued with the present-giving from San Francisco - the children loving their new bee and frog swimming trunks, Ciara and Julie very touched by the thought that had gone into their matching Irish coffee and espresso martini cocktail kits - which drew the inevitable jokes from Ciara about drinking coffee cocktails and being up all night with excess energy to work off.  By the time all of that excitement was over, it had been long-past the children's bed-time and the lure of a new bed-time story which their parents had brought for them from the city by the bay was enough to have them soon tucked up with their fluffy toys and listening happily.  It was a sweet delight for the 4 to share goodnight kisses and hugs together and Hye-won saw the shining happiness in Seon-jae's eyes, as they left the room with whispered goodnights - sleep tights.

After, the couple had sat til late in the evening with Ciara and Julie in the kitchen, sharing cups of tea and stories of the happy weekend that they had all shared on opposite ends of the country, until Hye-won had felt the tiredness of travel finally catching up with her and after 1 or 2 suppressed yawns, the friends had decided to call it a night. As Julie stood to go, Ciara suddenly remembered something and whispered in her sweetheart's ear, which drew a nod and a smile from Julie: 'we were hoping that you 2 would be able to...spend some time with us soon.'

Hye-won saw the rare hesitancy and look of shyness on Ciara's face and realised that this was a significant moment for the 2 new love-birds: 'so, like a double-date then?' which actually provoked the girliest giggles that she had ever heard from her friend, though Ciara's practical head still reigned: 'and there's a lovely girl - Emily - in my performance tutorials - who lives just close to here and she adores children. She was telling me that she babysits for a few couples in the area so I thought that if she came round during the week to meet the kids and they hit it off - which I know they will because she plays and sings too and the kids are going to love her - she might be a perfect babysitter for your date - or should I say, our double-date?' and she looked to Julie with a sweet grin that seemed to mesmerise her girlfriend, in a way that drew cute smiles from their friends.  While Seon-jae and Julie chatted about the journey back into the city - Ciara going to accompany her love, having arranged a day off the following day - Hye-won spoke quietly with Ciara: 'thanks Ciara - and thanks to Julie too - for taking care of the kiddies this weekend - it was wonderful to be with Seon-jae on his Gala Night - and San Francisco is a fascinating city which I would love to go back to again - I didn't see much of it.'

Her inadvertent blunder suggesting that she and Seon-jae had spent most of their 3 days in their hotel room had Ciara bursting with filthy laughter that also drew Hye-won's giggles and soon, they were both in fits, which drew the amused looks of their 2 partners, both taking in how attractive their special ones looked, totally relaxed with their closest friend.  Hye-won lifted her head to Seon-jae - you can probably guess where her mind went but I'll tell you later - then the friends gave last hugs and headed away, with Seon-jae taking 1 look at Hye-won's tired eyes and steering her up the stairs towards bed.