West Coast Wonders Part 46

A stroll later confirmed both San Francisco's status as the hilliest city in the states but also one of the most diverse.  High-rise buildings littered down-town but were interspersed with quirky, even quaint oddities, such as the nineteenth century, seven-storey, copper-faced building called Columbus Tower which stood incongruously in the shade of modern sky-scrapers.  Or the incredibly cute Painted Ladies - 7 Victorian houses, much photographed and greatly revered - relics of a long-gone era.  When they had walked until their legs were sore, it was fun to queue with the other tourists and take a ride on the tram through Chinatown towards Fisherman's Wharf and hop off to stroll the piers.  Clam chowder and an Anchor Steam beer - native to the city - revived them and they enjoyed another stroll along the pier to take in the most extraordinary sight of hundreds of sea lions piled along the wharf to enjoy the sunshine and feature in the holiday photos of a multi-cultural throng of tourists.

They revelled in the sunshine and sea-air, as they viewed the enormous, de-commissioned military ships docked along the wharves but more than anything, they just enjoyed being together, holding hands, chatting, laughing.  Seon-jae, in particular, seemed irrepressible, his happiness to be reunited with his soul-mate clearly obvious in his every word, smile and gesture.  At any time, he was a heady mix of sex appeal and cuteness but bubbly like this, Hye-won felt that he was possibly as beautiful as she had ever seen him and she felt her spirits soar to match his and her smiles and chuckles were as freely bestowed my bubbly man her lips twitching at her own thoughts.

At the far end of the pier, Seon-jae - guessing that his love's early morning start was catching up with her - pulled Hye-won towards a convenient bench and with strong arms, brought her to sit across his knees, a twinkle in his eyes to feel her beloved curves press into him.  The fun of the day, the sense of joy to be reunited, the happiness emanating from Seon-jae to have her with him  - all seemed to rise a wildness in Hye-won and seeming without conscious thought, she put her hands to the back of his head and drew his lips to join hers.  The electric effect on both was immediate, as the rest of the world was instantly muted and all that existed was this hot, wet sensation that sent shivers through both of them, tingles of desire that had them both breathing hard and aching for each other instantly.  When they finally drew back, they slowly became aware again of the sounds and sights around them - another couple laughing as they passed hand-in-hand, an old lady pushing a small dog in a child's buggy, small kids with their parents - it all seemed so ordinary but now tinged with the sparkle of this intense moment of attraction that they had shared.

His voice was a guttural groan: 'my God, Hye-wona, you kill me...you just...kill me.'

She grinned gleefully, with not a trace of remorse: 'sweet babyboy, I'm sorry but you did pull me onto your knee and you have been smiling so much at me and you know that sort of...kills me too.'

He chuckled but the deep-felt groan was still in there: 'my gorgeous lady - how can I not smile when you are here with me?  Think of how much I've missed you...no, worse than that...ached for you.'

He took her lips again, a shorter kiss this time but no less potent and their pants of excitement were hard to control, as they hugged each other tightly.

--- 

A large group caught their attention as they strolled back along the pier.  On an electric piano, a female performer with bouffant hair and sequinned jacket, every digit be-ringed - closer to 70 than 50 - was smashing out an amazingly speedy version of the classic rag-time tune Maple Leaf Rag.  As the performer made the most of every syncopated pop and flourish, Hye-won saw that not a single person listening was standing still - feet were tapping, shoulders were rolling, there was even a mom dancing with her little toddler son.  Seon-won would just love this - Hye-jae too.  She noticed her own body was swaying to the rhythms, as was Seon-jae's, his grins showing his enjoyment.  He feels rhythm right through him too.  It was exuberant and fun and cost no more than a contribution to the lady's tin-box, made as they walked away, drawing a wink of thanks without missing a beat.