Waking Love Part 39

It was the middle of the next week when Hye-won and Ciara had a chance for a good catch-up. Seon-jae was again on tour, though the sting of his leaving hit him - and his family - hard and only the knowledge that these were the final weeks apart could console them.  The children were watching an episode of Pororo - where all of the friends have an adventure on a treasure island - while the friends were tidying up the kitchen after dinner.

'Thanks again, Ciara, for taking time to meet with Julie when she was at the museum.  It made life a lot easier for me knowing that you could give her that package.'

An administrative mix-up had seen a package - due for delivery to Sagamore Hill -  mistakenly arrive to Hye-won's house and she had been relieved that she could organise for Julie to liaise with Ciara for the hand-over.

'Oh, that was no problem.'

Hye-won detected a grin in the tone and peered closer to Ciara who was wiping the counter, her hair swinging in front of her face, almost as though she was purposely hiding her expression.

'What...did I miss something?'

Still Ciara didn't look up: 'not really...but...,' she lifted her head and Hye-won saw a light of excitement in her eyes, 'well, we might have...I suppose you might say...hit it off.'

Hye-won spluttered with laughter: 'no way - though she is lovely, so it's not surprising you liked her. Tell me.'

Ciara was smiling to herself as she spoke: 'well, yes, she is lovely and let's be honest - she's hot too.'

Hye-won's eyes showed that she hadn't really noticed but she grinned at Ciara's usual directness: 'ok, if you say so, but go on.'

'Well, we just seemed to click right away - she loves Ireland and has always wanted to visit and she is also a huge opera buff - did you know that?'

Hye-won nodded, having had lots of chats with Julie about music over the years.

'Of course you did...so we just chatted and it was...well...lovely...,' both women grinned at that, '...so we just sort of kept talking - we got coffees and strolled outside the museum for a while.'

Hye-won was watching the changing expression on her friend's face and she could see the remembered fun in her eyes.  She's like a teenager with a crush right now.

'So obviously, we both had to get on with our day but phone numbers were exchanged...'

She paused dramatically and it was obvious that there was more to tell but Pororo and his friends had finished their adventure and it was time for the children's bath so with a look - to be continued - Hye-won took the kids to gather their toys for the bath.

---

After the children's bedtime story and goodnight kisses - Hye-jae with her elephant and bee under each arm and Seon-won cuddling Mr

After the children's bedtime story and goodnight kisses - Hye-jae with her elephant and bee under each arm and Seon-won cuddling Mr. Frog - Hye-won made her way out to the garden where she and Ciara  - when she wasn't rehearsing or performing - would often take a last cup of herbal tea, while enjoying the balmy evening air and summer smells.  After that first sip - tonight it was chamomile, with a lacing of local honey for sweetness - Hye-won held the mug under her nose to enjoy the lovely scent, as her eye-brows hopped up and down.