Chapter Fifteen: "Why Didn't You Tell Me?"

Start from the beginning

-

“I didn’t tell you because I was scared that you might freak out and go even farther from me than you already are! Then, chances of winning this dare will become thin and I can’t risk that, Chelsea!” he exclaimed as soon as we got to the school’s football bleachers.

I got up from my own comfortable seat and faced him, “What will happen to you if you lost this dare? What made you stoop so low as to ‘date’ me?”

His cheeks reddened, “he’s going to…disclose a very true secret about me.”

I raised an eyebrow. What could be so secret that you have to date me? “May I ask what it is?”

He shook his head wildly and suddenly dropped to his knees, “please, Chelsea, at least act, please, I’m begging you!”

Now you’ve sparked my interest.

I gasp before pulling him to his feet, saying quickly, “you don’t have to kneel in front of me to make me agree.”

His eyes lit up, “really? You’re going to act for me?”

Gone -- though not entirely -- was the previous sadness I had, replaced by this sudden need to help Billie Joe do…whatever the hell he was supposed to.

I nod my head.

“Holy shit, thanks so much, Chelsea, I owe you and I love you!” he exclaims once again as he pulls me into a hug.

I rub his back and hug back; just in case that this might be the last (and definitely first) time I’m going to hug him without the thought that this is just as act.

I chuckle in his embrace, “about the ‘I love you’ part there, I guess you weren’t being exactly truthful about that…”

He laughs as he leads me out of the bleachers and back into the campus, my hand in his.

It’s going to be easy to act like you’re in love with Billie Joe Armstrong.

Because even I can’t deny that I’ve still got the soft spot for him.

-

“And you WHAT?!” Darren exclaimed; I winced at the sound.

“You heard me, bighead,” I comment as I stood up, bringing the used bowl of popcorn with me to the kitchen. He followed afterwards.

He shook his head, “I can’t believe I’m hearing this. You’re smart, why didn’t you just end it or something?”

I sighed heavily, “he was begging for me to do it. What am I supposed to do, huh? I had no idea what I was doing!”

Darren Cost has been a friend of mine for two years (in short, ever since I’ve moved here with my uncle) and knew my life story or…at least the significant parts of it.

“Well, I’m giving you an idea of what you can do,” he started, “and I’m telling you to break his heart like how he broke yours.”

My eyes widened as I slapped his arm, “you’re so mean, and I can’t do that!”

He rolled his eyes, “you know, I think that that’s the reason why you kept on getting picked on in your school, Chels…you’re too kind. You need to really stand up for yourself.”

“I haven’t been picked on since last year,” I reasoned out, “besides, what makes you so sure about that?”

I heard the doorbell ring and I raised my eyebrow, “I gotta get that. Scuze me.”

He giggles as I reach the door and peek into the small hole. “Who is it?” he asks, walking nearer to stand beside me.

“It’s Billie.”

“Good, so I can kick his ass,” he started cracking his knuckles.

“You said, ‘kick’…what are you doing with your hands?”

He gave me an are-you-fucking-kidding-me look as I laughed and finally pulled the door open, revealing Billie Joe in a casual shirt and jeans. His eyes travelled me as he smiled, handing me a rose.

“Uhh…what’s this for?” I asked, taking it from him. He shrugged then stopped as he caught sight of Darren hovering behind me.

“Are you busy?” he asks uncertainly.

I shake my head, “no. Come in.”

“No, actually, I just came by to say hello,” he stutters as he smiles warmly at me. My heart melted just a bit. “I should probably go now,” he says, his eyes darting towards Darren.

“Oh, goodbye, Billie.”

He winks, “goodbye.”

I'm surprised at how Chelsea could be so into Billie to actually agree to this...I guess love makes you dumb or something like that...I'm not actually sure (I've never had a boyfriend so.....) Yeah :))

Come on, help me remember why I'm posting this story through your comments and stuff. Not a lot of people commented on the last two chapters of the story and...I'm scared that you guys have already forgotten about me :( (oh gods, I'm so clingy) but, yeah, I kinda understand because it's not that good, tbh :(((

I'll try my best to make it better, though :D

Love, y'all!

xo,

T.