~Chapter twenty six~

"I can't marry you, jin." I said looking down at the ring on my finger. "I don't want marriage right n-"

"Then when, yeona? Open your eyes. You live in a world with vampires. Fuck, the baby in there." he said pointing at my stomach. "Is destined a mate. I already know who he is." he said in a low tone.

"He? We're having a girl!?" I asked wide-eyed.

"Without me you won't have long left." he said clenching his jaw. "Long left?" I repeated. "You need me, Yeona." he said slipping his hand through mine. "You both need me."

His eyes flashed golden as they studied my face. Was he trying to read my emotions? "Stop." I said moving my hand away from his.

His brows furrowed. "Stop manipulating me!" I blurted out. His face hardened as his eyes darkened. "Manipulation?" he said leaning towards me. His hand gripped my jaw, holding me in place. I winced when his fingers dug into the soft skin of my cheeks.

"You don't know what manipulation is." he scoffed. "You're here not because I'm forcing you to be but because you want to. That baby in your stomach is in there because you let me f-"

"Shut up."

He raised his brow in amusement. "Whatever you say, my love." he smirked before moving away. I rubbed my face and glared at him. "It's funny how Hyungwon treats me as his mate but y-"

"I what?" he asks looking up at me.

"Nothing." I mumbled and broke eye contact with him."

"But you love me not him. That's the difference." he said after a pause. "Is that accurate?" he questioned when I remained silent.

"Say you love me, yeona."

"Manipulation."

"Say it." he repeated.

I slowly looked up at him. My eyes watched his as they intensively watched me.

"I love you."

His face relaxed and he looked away. "Keep it that way."

I tried to hide the small smile that tugged at my lips. "Don't leave and it will." I whispered.

"Marry me and I won't."

"Why do you want to marry me so badly?" I finally asked him.

"So I know you'll be mine forever."

"A ring doesn't-"

"Its not just the ring, Yeona."

"You don't need to wear the ring. But I'd like people to know who you belong to. Once they see that ring on your finger, they'll know who you are."

"And who am I?" I questioned.

"My wife." he smirked.

"What about your mother?"

"I won't let her harm you. No one will."

"So we're having dinner."

My eyes widened. "What!?" I exclaimed.

"Jin you literally just said-"

"She won't harm you. You're pregnant with my child." he said grabbing my hand. "As long as I'm with you you don't need to worry." he smiled.