~chapter twenty three~

"What about you?" I asked closing the guest room door. 

I watched as he leaned off the wall and stepped closer to me. "Aren't you going to check if I'm alright?" he asked with a raised brow. My lips formed a straight line as I backed up against the wall.

"A-are you okay?" I asked licking my dry lips. He reached down and grabbed my hand. "Why don't you check?" he asked, shoving my hand under his shirt.

I felt my fingers run over his abs as he dragged my hand up to his chest. My finger suddenly pressed against his skin, soaking them with blood. I looked up at him with wide eyes and pulled my hand out.

"Let me see." I asked him.

He couldn't help but smirk as he began to unbutton his shirt. My eyes travelled down his body as he took off his shirt."I-i uh...forgot the first aid box in the room-" i say and reach for the doorknob but he stops me.

"I don't need it." he said pulling my hand away from the door. My brows furrowed. "You clearly do-"

I paused and scanned his broad shoulders.

My shoulders dropped and I ran my hand over his chest. "You've already healed." I sighed. His hands suddenly run down my sides and grab my waist. "Come back to me, yeona." he whispered lowly into my ear.

"Jin." I breathed out. I pressed my hands against his chest, trying to move him away but he squeezed me making me squirm under his grip. "I miss you." he said, his lips brushing against my cheek as he spoke.

"I miss your touch, your presence. I need you, yeona." he said.

I could've sworn my heart skipped a beat, maybe even fluttered a bit. But it wasn't enough...

"Jin, you were the one who walked away..." I reminded him.

His grip tightened on me in frustration. "I was doing it for you. I-" he paused and closed his eyes. I knew they were red, he was hiding. "Everthing was for you." he continued.

"How can I trust that one day you won't just disappear." I asked him.

"Do you love me?"

My eyes widened. "Answer me." he demanded. I stared up at his golden-brown eyes, trying to read his answer first.

I closed my eyes and nodded. "Unfortunately, yes. I do." I breathed out.

I opened them to see a pair of soft eyes watching me. His face was relaxed and his lips formed a lazy smile.

"Then you know i wont leave you." he said again.

"It still doesn't prove anything-"

"Marry me."

"Are you insane!?" I exclaimed. His grip loosens and I step away. "Jin." I say and let out a nervous laugh. "I-i can't-" I tell him.

"You can't marry me?" he asks dumbfounded.

"Why not?" he questions. His face stays relaxed but his eyes darken. I bite my lips and look away. "Im too young. What will people think? My mum- she.. She won't allow-"

"Yeona." he says holding my shoulders. "I don't give two fucks about what people think. If it means I'll have to take you away with me, then so be it." he said leaning down.

He places a lingering kiss on my forehead before leaning away. "Think about it." he mumbles. "If I don't have an answer by tonight, I'm taking you." he says before disappearing.

My lips part. So, I had no choice!?
_______

"Marry him." hyungwon said looking up at me.

"Not you too." I said replacing his bandage. "Yeona, this is what you need. It can't get any better than this for you." he says, grabbing my hand. "Listen to us for once."

I pulled my hand out of his and rested it on my lap. "I can't just take a huge step like that." I breathed out. "He's broken my trust, and it's going to take a lot more than a ring on my finger to earn it back." I told him.

"My omma married appa, but he left didn't he?" I said running my hands through my hair. "You're not livings your omma's life, yeona." he told me.

"Jin told you he isn't going to leave you, so he isn't." he assured me.

My brows furrowed. "Don't you hate jin?

"Yes, but I love y-" he paused midway.

I sat there watching him. "Yeona, I-" before he could finish, I leaned in and gently hugged him. He sighed into my hair and rubbed my back. "I want the best for you." he whispers.

I felt a tear run down my face and land on his bare shoulder. "You're still the baby's godfather, right?" I sniffed.

His body vibrated when he let out a deep chuckle. "I hope I am."