~chapter eighteen~

"Telling you about your father wouldn't have changed anything." He said sitting up.

"What do you mean-."

"It's not important. It's not like you could bring him back." He told me. My brows furrowed. "Bring him back? Where is he?" I asked him.

"Why do you care?"  He asked clenching his fists. "He left you"

"But he's still my father!" I exclaimed. "I've lived my whole life not knowing who he was!"

"Tell me." I pleaded.

He let out a tired sigh. "For vampires to be mated, they need to mark their mate." He began. "This wouldn't be a problem because it was rare to have a human as a mate. Vampires are much stronger than humans so marking them wouldn't kill them." He said looking up at me.

"If your father marked your mother she would've died. The connection and pain would've been to great for a human and so it would've killed her." He explained.

"So he left. He left before he became weak."

"Weak?" I repeated.

He nodded. "If a vampire doesn't get to mark their mate, they go crazy. They lose control."

"So he would've killed her anyway?" I asked.

He didn't reply.

"He disappeared, yeona, to somewhere vampires don't come back."

The story of my parents slowly began to sink in.

"What about us?" I asked touching his hand. "Is the same thing going to happen to us?"

He pulled his hand out of mine and moved away. "I'm not marking you, yeona."

"W..what if I want you to? Y-you can't just leave.."

He suddenly gripped my shoulders and shook them in anger. "Are you insane!? You want to risk your life for a vampire!?" He growled.

My shoulders began to hurt but his words hurt me more. "J-Jin. What if I don't die. I- I mean there could be a possibility-."

"Ye, well, possibilities aren't good enough for me." He scoffed.

"I- I don't want to lose you." I bit my lip to hold back the tears.

His grip loosened on my shoulders. "Can't you bring me back? If I died you could, right?" I asked him.

"You want to be like me?" He asked looking away. He moved so his elbows were leaning on his thighs.

"I would be with you." I told him.

"I would never forgive myself. You would be this constant reminder of my mistake." He said clenching his fists. "But I want this, Jin." I said moving towards him.

"Take my soul, I don't want it. I want you." I confessed.

"The pain will kill you." He said looking at me.

"I don't care."

He sat up straight and furrowed his brow. "You will die, yeona." He repeated.

"But you will bring me back."

"You want this now?" He asked moving closer.