~chapter four~

[ Yeona's pov ]

I didn't want to see Hyungwon. Not until I figured out my feelings first. Maybe he didn't have feelings for me. Maybe he was just horny or it was the heat of the moment. I grabbed my bag and said bye to my mum before leaving for school.

I left late so I wouldn't see him in the morning. Yes, I was risking being late just to avoid him. This was going to be impossible since he was my only best friend and almost half my classes were with him.

Sooner or later he will find his way to me. I mean, come on. The guy could sense my emotions and hear my heartbeat from classes away. I stood no chance. But I was still going to try. He could speak to me but I didn't have to respond.

I took the late bus and got to school ten minutes late.

There was barely anyone in the parking lot. Only a few vampires here and there. I avoided any eye contact and made my way into the school.

The hallway matched the parking lot.

I sighed when there was no sign of Hyungwon.

I walked up to my locker and quickly exchanged books. I was expecting my locker to get slammed shut or something, but nothing happened. Before walking into my classroom I cleared my thoughts. I didn't want anyone reading me.

As soon as I entered the classroom my eyes landed on him. He was staring right at me as if he knew I was going to walk in. Well, he probably did. The seat bedside him which was mine was empty. There was an empty seat in front so I quickly walked over to it. Step one of avoiding him.

The class continued and I was glad I chose this seat because I couldn't see him.

"What happened? The human couldn't handle vampire dick?" someone mumbled from behind me. I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

"Say it again." Hyungwon replied in a low growl.

I clenched my pen when I heard snickers from other students. Now I have another reason to avoid him.

I flinched when a chair was suddenly thrown across the classroom. Everyone including me turned around. My eyes widened when Hyungwon was holding another vampire by the neck. His eyes were red and his skin had gone paler.

"Repeat what you fucking said," Hyungwon said through gritted teeth.

What? But I didn't hear him say anything else. Maybe he read his thoughts.

"Drop him this instant." the teacher announced.

He obeyed and threw him on the table behind him. Hyungwon was much bigger than him, so I understood why he didn't fight back.

The class went on and I tried to keep my thoughts on my work only. "Class dismissed." the teacher announced. "You two boys stay behind." he continued. Great! A perfect opportunity to get to my next class and fast!

I stuffed my things into my bag and rushed out the door. The atmosphere in there was making me uncomfortable.

I was walking down the hallway to my next class when I got that sudden change in feeling again. It was as if I was being pulled by some force. Something in me was yelling at me to look up.

I obeyed that voice and looked up from the ground.

I could have sworn my heart skipped a beat when my eyes landed on him.

There he was, in his all glory, leaning against the lockers. His shirt, as usual, was untucked and his hands were shoved into his pockets. I glanced up at his beautiful side profile. Gosh. It was as if God took his time on him. His sharp cheekbones, pale skin, clenched jaw.