"Are the vegetables ready?"

"They're ready!" She grabs Jungkook's oven mitts off the counter, using them to handle the hot tray and take it to the table they were eating at. The vegetables looked really good, along with Jungkook's steak. All they needed to do now was carry out a taste test.

"You didn't poison mine, did you?" He jokes, grabbing a few vegetables with his fork and blowing off the steam.

Jungkook tastes it carefully only to be met with a flavorful taste. "They're not bad," Jungkook compliments with a mouthful of food.

She gives him a proud smile. "See, slow cutting equals excellent vegetables."

He hides a grin from her, cutting up his steak smoothly with no hassle. "Tell me what you think about the steak."

She runs her knife through the steak, slicing off a small piece of it and placing it in her mouth. Jungkook was somehow able to cook the steak just the way she liked it. It wasn't raw, or bitter like most steaks she had. This was actually pleasing for her to taste. "Hm, could be better," she jokes, going in for another bite. Her words were clearly contradicting her actions.

He could argue with her all night about how his steak was perfectly made, but her eating it proved his point.

"Has Hoseok spoken to you recently?" He wondered if Hoseok ever found out that Y/N visited him right after their date.

"Thankfully he hasn't."

Ever since she left Hoseok that night, the man was awfully quiet. He wasn't messaging her, calling her, or even emailing her for business related stuff. "I don't think he wants anything to do with me after leaving him on his own that night."

She picks up the wine glass, taking a sip before placing it back down again. "He probably started the rumour to get back at me for blowing him off."

"It was probably the closest thing he had to a hookup, so I wouldn't fret if I were you," Jungkook leans back onto his chair, poking his tongue on the inside of his cheek.

Maybe he'll have to have a talk with Hoseok alone soon.

He sips a bit at his wine, keeping it in his hands. "Rumors will be rumors, but we both know the truth on what really happened."

Y/N pursues her lips, her mind travelling back to when she confessed how he really made her feel.
Not the proudest moment of her life, and it still hurt her pride just thinking about it. "Yeah.." she trails off, avoiding Jungkook's eyes. "So.."

It seemed that Jungkook mentioned last night's activities too early on. She still had to process telling Jungkook how she truly felt about him.

Jungkook clears his throat, "So, wanna take a shower and get ready to work?" He tries salvaging the slight awkwardness spawned on his own account by changing the subject. "I can wash the dishes while you shower."

"I'll clean up, I'd prefer to have a shower before I go to bed." She stacks up all the plates and cutlery they both used, picking them up carefully and taking them to the sink. She leaves the wine glasses since the pair were still drinking from them.

"You can just rest, I'll do the dishes quickly and be with you in 5," she says, her voice a little louder so Jungkook could hear her over the sound of water running.

"Alright," Jungkook agrees, picking up his wine glass and taking it with him to the living room.

He leans against the couch, before getting his documents sorted out for their work. "Do you want to take my bed alone or are we sleeping together?" Jungkook asks carefully over the loud water faucet.

Y/N pauses. She didn't think about sleeping arrangements before she got here. "I'm sure we can sleep together.. if you're fine with that. If not, then i'm happy on the couch."

"We can sleep together," Jungkook decides casually, but he was freaking out a bit on the inside. Sure, he had Y/N in bed with him last night but she left right after they fucked. This time, they were actually going to sleep together in the same bed.

She continues to clean the last of the dishes before going to join Jungkook. He already had everything they needed neatly scattered on the desk. "This will probably take us 10 minutes tops."

The pair worked non-stop with the case, eventually coming to an end once they had everything sorted.

"Go shower now. You stink," Jungkook grins mischievously. It was a false statement anyways.
"Unless you're waiting to take one with me?"

The idea of showering with him didn't sound so bad, but she didn't directly wanna say she wanted to do it. "I mean.. you can answer that for yourself," she winks, disappearing upstairs.

wc: 1451