And lastly, there's Theo. The goofy and funny one out of the three brothers. He loves making everyone happy around him. He thinks I don't notice how he hides behind his jokes and pretends to be okay. I'm the closest to Theo out of all my brothers. I know I can share anything with him and he can always do the same with me.

But overall I love them all the same, even though they can be a bit annoying sometimes.

"It's not even 7am yet, you guys." I groan as I roll over facing the other way. Suddenly my blankets are thrown off of me and I'm tackled by three huge figures.

"We know, we just wanted to annoy you extra early on your special day." Theo said excitingly, while clapping his hands.
I shake my head and smile up at them.

"Thank you!" I said while hugging them tightly. "I can't believe that I'm twenty years old." I said when I pulled away from the hug.

"yeah, our sister is growing up quite fast." Mason said with a sad smile. "But you'll always be our baby sister no matter what!" Theo exclaimed.

"Come on we have a gift for you. Get dressed and meet us downstairs." Angelo said with a bright smile he only has reserved for me, at least thats what he always says.

They left and I went into my bathroom to take a quick shower. After i was done I got dressed and went downstairs. When I entered the kitchen, I was immediately engulfed in a hug. "Happy birthday my beautiful daughter." my father, Antonio, said as he pulled away from the hug.

"Thank you daddy" I smiled brightly up at him. "So where's the gift Angelo was talking about?" I asked while looking around.

"Eager are we," Angelo said while entering the kitchen. "Go have breakfast and then you get it afterwards."

I ran into the dining room and saw that the maids have already brought breakfast and my brothers are already seated at the table.

After finishing breakfast we went into the living room. I sat next to Theo while Mason and Angelo was sitting on the coach opposite us. My father entered with a small black jewelry box.

My father placed the box on my lap and I held it in my hand. I looked up at my father and he gave me a reassuring nod. I opened the box and gasped when I saw the most beautiful necklace. It was gold and had the letters R and S on it.

"It was your mother's necklace. " my father softly said. "We found it recently in one of her old boxes." Mason said. Well now i know the letters stands for 'Rose Santiago', my mothers name.

"I don't know what to say." I softly whispered, not taking my eyes off the beautiful golden necklace.

"We wanted to give you something of hers, since you don't remember her." Angelo said.

"Thank you, i love it." I said with tears in my eyes. They gave me a hug and I know it's hard talking about her,so I'm extremely grateful to have something so special.

"Okay enough tears, lets enjoy your birthday for once."my father clapped his hands and we all lightly laughed knowing that we always just have a dinner for my birthday and go to our rooms to mourn for my mother.

After that we put on some music and the maids brought in all kinds of cakes and sweets. The place was decorated and everyone was enjoying themselves. We played different kinds of games and went swimming in the pool in the backyard.

Later that evening, we were all tired and sat in the living room, watching a movie.

"So, how was your birthday Angela?" Theo asked beside me. "I hope it wasn't to boring."

"I loved it! It was honestly the best birthday ever."I said happily and gave a genuine smile.

" But there was a question that I've been meaning to ask for awhile now." I said hesitantly. I've been wanting to ask this question for years now but never got the courage to ask.

" You can ask us anything sweetheart." my father said, while pausing the movie. Everyone's attention was on me now and I was suddenly a bit nervous.

Angelo gave me a reassuring nod and I took a deep breath before facing all of them. "What actually happened that night on my tenth birthday?"

Everyone tensed and I suddenly regretted asking. "Why do you want to know that?" Angelo asked while clenching his jaw. "We already told you that something unfortunate happened and you don't have to worry about that."

"I know your not telling me everything about what really happened. I'm just curious." I whispered. I saw my father getting lost in his own thoughts. He's probably thinking of that night.

"You don't have to worry about that sweet pea." Theo said with a shaky voice but tried to cover it up with a small smile. "please tell me." I begged them.

"Let it go Angela" Mason said through gritted teeth. "No!" I protested a bit louder then I intended to. Everyone looked at me surprised beacuse it's rare that I would actually get upset.

"I want to know what actually happened that night and how I lost my memory!" I screamed at them, suddenly getting a boost of confidence. "I'm not a kid anymore, I deserve to know. You can't keep the truth hidden forever."

"Stop it Angela!" my father shouted. "NO!" I shouted back, all my build up anger coming to the surface. "Do you have any idea how it feels to be locked up in mansion for as long as I could remember?!" I was finally confronting them on this. I was finally telling them how I truly felt.

"I feel like a prisoner locked in a golden cage, beacuse no matter how many gifts and 'protection' I get from staying here, I still feel trapped! I just want to be normal, I want to go out and make friends, I want to experience going on dates or going through a break up, I want go to college and have a normal life, I just want to be free." I whispered the last part.

" You're not a prisoner Angela, we're keeping you safe! " Angelo shouted. " We don't want to lose you too."
I looked at him and saw him clenching his hands into fists. I know that he wants to punch something.

"Just tell me what happened! Is that to much to ask for? "

"No!" Theo shouted, which was surprising. "Go back to your room Angela."

"I'm not going to my room and pretend everything is okay when it's really not."

"Angela stop being stubborn!" Angelo shouted.

"ENOUGH!" My father's voice boomed through the room, making everyone go silent. I look at my father and see that he has that face on whenever he is talking to people from the mafia. It demands respect and makes me want to shrink into a small ball.

"Go to your room Angela, and I'm not going to repeat myself." my father ordered. Tears welled up in the corner of my eyes as I looked up at him. His features slightly soften when he sees my tears. "Angela, just do as your told."

"I hate you all." I whispered and stormed up to my room. I ignored my brothers calling after me and slammed my door shut.

I didn't mean what I said, it was just in the momemt and feeling misunderstood. I'm going to be a prisoner forever in this mansion.

After some time it was dark outside, my birthday long forgotten. I laid in my bed facing the window and got the most crazy idea I've ever had.

I got off the bed and walked towards the window. My room faces the side of the house so no guards stands here on duty. Opening the window I look down and see the ladder one of the guards, Ethan, had left for me.

Ethan was one of my fathers most trusted guards and one of my very few friends around here. He was two years older than me and saw me as a sister. I asked him to put the ladder near my window incase of an emergency.

This isn't an emergency but it is a very reckless idea I've been having for a few weeks now.

But little did I know, that this one reckless idea would change my life entirely......

*****

[[Don't forget to vote and leave a comment. Thank you💕]]