seventy two - kiana

"I'M DITCHING YOU two tonight." Nia says, looking up from her phone.

"Why?" Asks Noah.

"I'm going for the Coldplay concert with Mason." A smile grows on Nia's face as she gives us the shocking news that makes me almost spit out my drink.

"I'm sorry what?" Noah steals the words right from my mouth.

"I'm going for the Coldplay concert with Mason." She repeats, but Noah and I are still understandably confused.

"You heard the name Mason too, right?" Noah asks me and I nod my head.

"You're going on a date with Mason?" I ask shocked before turning back to Noah. "Did we miss something?"

We really must have because right now it feels like how it always feels when I accidentally skip an episode of a show.

"I think we did."

"It's not a date." Nia explains, trying to clear the confusion.

"Oh, then who else is going?" Noah asks as it starts to make more sense to the both of us.

"It's just me and him, but it's not a date." She says and Noah and I exchange confused looks. "I'm the only friend he knows that's into Coldplay as much as he is so he got us tickets." Nia explains, failing miserably at convincing us that it's not a date.

"That sounds like a date to me." I say before turning to Noah. "Does that sound like a date to you Noah?"

"Definitely sounds like a date."

After all the teasing Noah and I have been receiving lately, we're definitely enjoying this too much.

"Friends go for concerts together, it's normal." Nia defends herself.

"Not in this situation. Mason has feelings for you, or did you forget that?" Noah smiles at Nia. "You can't possibly have forgotten that? It's literally an obsession?"

Nia rolls her eyes and further explains, "He knows it's not a date, I made sure to tell him that."

"I bet you that he still thinks it's a date."

"Same." I agree.

"Can I call him and prove that to you?" Noah raises his eyebrows at Nia, phone in hand, ready to hit the call button.

"Fine, call him."

Noah doesn't waste any time, immediately tapping the call button.

"I'll put him on speaker but be quiet." Noah says and a few rings later Mason picks up.

"What's up?" Mason speaks into the phone.

"You got any plans tonight?" Noah causally asks.

"Actually, yes I do." The pride in his voice makes Noah and I smirk at Nia. "I have date. Guess with who."

"I cannot think of anyone that would actually be interested in you." Noah teases. "Who's this absolutely psychotic person?"

"It's your sister." The pride and excitement are oozing out of his voice.

Noah and I look at Nia again suggestively before Noah asks Mason, "You're messing with me, right?"

"No. I mean, she told me it's not a date but I'm pretty sure it's still a date. She's probably just too shy to admit it." Mason says and I have to hold myself back from laughing out loud, especially when Nia shrinks into the couch in embarrassment.

"Whatever the hell it is, date or not, congrats my guy." Noah chuckles before turning on his protective side. "You're not allowed to touch her though."

"What do you mean I'm not allowed to touch her?"