nineteen - kiana

"GUYS, WE HAVE to be professional about this." Mason says earning a laugh from all of us.

Ashley looks at him expectantly. "And how exactly do we do that?"

"Like this." Mason proceeds to get a bottle of water from the table and the man child holds it like a microphone.

"You've got to be kidding me." Noah says lowly from beside me, voicing all our thoughts.

I smile as Mason gets into character. "In the left corner–"

"No one's in any corner. We're not in a ring." Noah interrupts him.

Irritated, Mason ignores him but stays in character. "At the left side of the table, we have the great, the magnificent, cocktail maker–"

"They're called mixologists."

"I'm going to shove this bottle down your throat Noah." Mason glares at Noah who's enjoying this a bit too much before getting back in character. "The greatest mixologist we know...Kiana Brooklyn!"

Mason receives nothing but blank stares from each of us and he pinches his nose. "You guys are so boring." He grabs his 'microphone' again and continues, "And at the right side, we have the underdog, the brave one who thinks he can beat Kiana...It's Bryson Renee!"

"Are you done now?" Kim asks. "I'm thirsty, and I'm trying to get white girl wasted today."

"I need new friends."

"No one's stopping you." Noah teases.

"Why are you two always like this?" Amused, I ask Mason and Noah.

"Noah needs anger management classes." Mason whisper shouts to me.

Noah turns his back to Mason and looks at me. "He's an idiot."

When Noah moves to pour himself a drink, Mason says to me, "He loves me."

"He actually does yeah." I chuckle as I tell Mason truthfully. "Like, a lot."