↳ 𝟮𝟱 : ❝ [𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀] ¡! ❞

TW & HEADS UP: MENTIONS OF SELF-HARM, DEPRESSION, & EXCESSIVE DRINKING, ANGST

◌୭˚➶. ˚✧˖°

Bucky jolted awake in his place on the couch when he heard whispers and sounds of mock punch. He turned towards the noise and saw AJ and Cass playfighting with the shield.

"Hey," Bucky waved at them. 

Both the boys' eyes widened, "Quick, quick, put it back! Hurry! Hurry!" AJ and Cass stuffed the shield in its leather case and rushed out of the room, leaving the supersoldier to smile to himself.

After freshening up, Bucky walked out of the house down the deserted pavement of the harbor, towards The Wilson's boat where Sam had already got to work in the plumbing of the boat.

"Push the stopper. Oh, in there. Thanks," Sam spoke when Bucky did as he said.

"Yep,"

"Hey. Start loosening those bolts."

"Got it," Bucky looked around for the third person of their group, "Where's Y/N?"

Sam glanced up at him for a moment, "We got ice cream together last night and came home late. Everyone was asleep. I tried to wake her up a few minutes ago, but then she threatened to rip me apart limb by limb and hurl me into the ocean if I disturb her in her sleep ever again. So, I let her be."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Y/N was determined in avoiding Bucky; her thoughts from last night whirled around in her mind as she walked into the kitchen and opened the top cabinet with her powers to reach for the first aid kit in it. 

Setting it on the kitchen counter, she undid her wound dressing, holding her shirt up with her teeth, and let it down as soon as she had completely removed it.

"What are you doing?"

Y/N jumped in her place when she heard Bucky's voice from her right and held a hand over her heart, "You know, you've been creeping up on me ever since we met, right ?"

"Uh-huh," he leaned on the frame of the door resting his elbow on it, and crossed his ankles one in front of the other, "Why do you have a first aid kit?"

"I gotta change the dressing," she gestured at the wound on her abdomen that she had received while she was combating John Walker for the shield, "Or it'll cause an infection."

"Want me to help you with it?"

"No, thank you," she responded more rudely than she intended to be, soaking a cleansing swab with antiseptic.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," she nodded but then gritted her teeth together when the antiseptic in the swab came in direct contact with her wound.