↳ 𝟬𝟴 : ❝ [𝗕𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗱] ¡! ❞

TW: MENTIONS OF DEPRESSION, SELF-HARM

◌୭˚➶. ˚✧˖°

Sam and Y/N were in the waiting area of the police station, marking time till Bucky was released. They turned around in their places when someone called them. "Sam, Y/N, I've heard a lot about you two. I'm Doctor Raynor. I'm James's therapist."

"Hello Doctor," Y/N shook her extended hand.

"Nice to meet you," Sam greeted, "Thank you for getting him out."

"That's not because of me."

"Christina!" a familiar voice called and Y/N and Sam turned around to see John Walker shaking hands with an officer. "It's great to see you again."

"You gotta be kidding me," Sam glanced at Dr. Raynor, "You know him?"

"Yeah, we did some field ops back in the day."

"I heard you were working with Bucky, so I thought I'd step in," John made his way towards them, "Bucky's not gonna be following a strict schedule any longer."

"We haven't finished our work," Dr. Raynor made a face, "Who authorized this?"

John Walker pointed to himself in an obvious manner, as though he should've known it without being told. "Look, I didn't mean to upset you back on the car," he told Y/N, "I just want us to—"

"No," Y/N smiled sarcastically, not letting him complete.

A door buzzed behind them; Bucky with a grumpy garden gnome expression, along with a few officers walked into the room.

"Very well, then," John nodded with pursed lips, "Bucky's too valuable of an asset to have tied up, so just do whatever you gotta do with him then send him off to me. Got some unfinished business, him and I. You too Wilson, L/N," he nods at Y/N again with a smile. He turned around and raised a hand casually, "I'll be waiting outside."

"James, condition for your release session now," Dr. Raynor walked past Bucky and turned around, "You too Sam, Y/N."

"Nah─uh," Y/N shook her head in declination.

"That's okay," Sam refused, "We'll be here─"

"That wasn't a request," Raynor called over her shoulder and walked through a door, Bucky following her grudgingly, "And besides, there's someone waiting for you, Y/N."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

The three Avengers followed Dr. Raynor down the narrow corridor. Y/N's eyes widened when a familiar woman in a beige suit came into view and embraced Dr. Raynor. "Oh, fuck my life," she winced to herself, making the men on her sides frown in confusion.

"Hello, Y/N," Stacy Hefner, Y/N's therapist, rolled her eyes.

"How do you guys know each other?" she looked from one therapist to another, "Let me guess, you did some 'field ops together back in the day' ?"