↳ 𝟮𝟬 : ❝ [𝗕𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱] ¡! ❞

◌୭˚➶

◌୭˚➶. ˚✧˖°

"She said what? Right. Hold on, hold on, I know, I know. Listen, pack an overnight bag and take the boys," Sam spoke hurriedly into the phone as he walked with Y/N and Bucky down the street.

"What happened?" Bucky asked, sparing a glance at him.

"Karli called Sarah," Sam informed them, holding the phone against his chest, "She threatened my nephews." He brought the phone back to his ear, "Okay. Go somewhere safe. Only pay cash. All right? Let me know when you arrive." Y/N and Bucky exchanged worried looks. "I know. Look, I love you. I'll never let anything happen to you or the boys. Okay, bye." Sam declined the phone call and turned to the two, "Karli wants to meet. She left a contact number," Sam looked at his phone: The rooftop above North Plaza. Now. Come alone.

"She said to come alone," he looked up at them.

"I'm coming with you," Bucky told.

"And me," Y/N nodded.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅•

"Karli!" Sam yelled out, walking into a building with Y/N and Bucky behind. A redhead on the first floor leaned on the railings and Y/N, Sam, and Bucky climbed up a set of stairs to reach her. "You called my sister?" asked Sam, walking towards her, Y/N and Bucky behind him, "That's how we're gonna play this?"

"Sam, I would never hurt her," Karli crossed her arms, "I wanted to understand you better. I see you, um, didn't come alone," she glanced at Y/N and Bucky, her eyes lingering on the former for a second longer.

"You have to end this now."

"I don't wanna hurt you. You're just a tool in the regimes I want to destroy. You're not hiding behind a shield. If I were to kill you, it'd be meaningless." Sam flashed a look at Y/N and Bucky. "I was gonna ask you to join me. Or do the world a favour and let me go."

"Hey, Y/N, Sam, new Cap is moving," Sharon spoke into their earpiece, "Looks like he's found them. Or maybe they found him."

Sam and Y/N turned to Bucky, "It's Walker."

Bucky jumped down from the first floor, but Karli followed suit and kicked him into a pillar. Sam jumped in front of her and kicked her back. Y/N landed in front of him and blasted Karli back.

"I'll send you the location," Sam told Bucky, "Go!"

Sam activated his thrusters and flew upwards, Bucky sprinted out of the door, and Y/N forced her hands at her sides; green mists levitated her off the ground.

She followed Sam to the top of a building; Sam's wings broke through the glass top of the building and he touched down. Y/N landed beside him on a staircase in a crouching position.

They watched John, catch steel rode that was forced to his face, and bent it into a U-shape with ease. Sam and Y/N exchanged raised eyebrows and confused looks as John threw the man off and he ran away.

"What'd you do?" Sam questioned as John walked down the stairs past Y/N.

"They've got Lemar."

Y/N and Sam followed John into a huge room with a long table in the center, surrounded by chairs. Three people jumped from the floor above behind them and they turned around at once.

Before Y/N could react, she was pinned to the ground by a masked man. He pulled back his hand to punch her face, but she rolled to her right, and he hit the ground. She spun her palms and sent a green blast at him, throwing him backward. "What's with all the knives?" she heard John groan aloud.

A man raised his knife at Y/N, and she held up a green shield with her palm to block it. She lifted him off his feet with green mists, bent backward, and threw him over.

Y/N moved behind a man stealthily. She intricately waved her fingers and flicked them beside his temple; to make him see his worst fear. His eyes turned green for a moment and he blinked. 

Y/N was relieved that it had worked as she hadn't done it in a long while but then, the man turned around and lifted Y/N off the ground, wrapping her hands around her throat, and started to squeeze. "We were told you would try something like that," he said in his deep voice as Y/N gasped for air and patted his hand with wide eyes filled with confusion.

Bucky tackled him to the ground and Y/N fell on one knee, coughing violently.

The clash of shoes and metals and shouts were interrupted by a loud crack— Y/N looked up and saw Lemar lying motionless at the foot of a pillar, blood dripped from the corner of his lips and head lolled to the side limply. 

She got to her feet, taking slow steps behind with a horrified look, and felt Sam and Bucky joined her on either side.

John walked towards Lemar hurriedly, kneeled beside him, shook his head, and checked for a pulse in his neck. When he didn't react or move, John let his hand fall to his side and stared at the floor in defeat.

The Flagsmashers retreated backward and scampered away; none of them expecting this turn of events. Karli sprinted across the room past the trio and they followed her.

Y/N, Sam, and Bucky followed her into a crowd gathered at the heart of the city, talking in hushed voices.

There they saw— John Walker, standing over a bloodied-up body of one of the Flag Smashers; the same blood tainted over the edge of the shield.

The whole world watched; some through their own eyes, some through their screens, as John Walker stood with a smug and satisfied expression over the motionless, bloodied body.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•