↳ 𝟯𝟲 : ❝ [𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗱] ¡! ❞

📍GRC COMPLEX, LOWER MANHATTAN

◌୭˚➶. ˚✧˖°

Aaron and Alice were still grappling against the black strings around their necks, making Y/N cast them a concerned look and a weary one to Amanda, who had just landed on the ground, "My powers work out here, did you forget?"

"No dear," Amanda smirked, "I'm counting on it."

Aaron and Alice exchanged a meaningful glance and nodded. They ran forward together, but Amanda yanked them by the strings, and they fell to the ground.

"No!" Y/N sent a green blast at her, throwing her back and freeing the two children in the process.

Y/N pulled out her keys and phone from her pocket and tossed them each to Aaron and Alice, "Call your parents, Alice. Password is Aaron. Go upstairs. now!"

"No," Aaron started, "but—"

"How can we help—" Alice tried.

"Listen to your Mommy, children," Amanda mocked, standing on her feet.

"Upstairs. Now,"  Y/N repeated in a strong, authoritative tone that Aaron and Alice rushed to the building at once.

Y/N spun her hands and send another blast at Amanda, causing her to back up and hunched forward. But when she straightened up, she was holding a green ball of energy in her hands and she stared at her in bewilderment.

"I take power from the undeserving," Amanda stated, in a did-you-know tone, "It's kinda my thing."

Y/N felt her right hand squelching and peered down at it; her skin clung to her bones, as it turned into a grey colour. It felt numb, seeming as though it was dead. A purple blast hit her square, causing her to go tumbling and rolling down the road.

"You're clearly in over your pretty little head," Amanda tutted when Y/N got to her feet with a glare, "So why don't you surrender your magic to someone who knows what to do with it? And I can take away all that pain of yours. What do you say?"

Y/N twisted a green mist in her hand; a car collapsed into the elder witch, shoving her into the foot of a building. She walked over to check if she was injured, but then Y/N saw Amanda's dark blue robes fly through the night sky from the reflection of the building in front of her. She pushed her hands at her sides and flew through the sky, following Amanda.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Y/N followed Amanda to the foundation of the GRC building. She landed on the ground with green spheres of energy and looked around. People were giving her weird looks because she was just wearing a black tank top, a green jacket, and was wearing a messy ponytail. Y/N pushed through the panicked crowd and reached a clear space at the entrance of the building.