↳ 𝟯𝟵 : ❝ [𝗣𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝗽𝗶𝗰𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲] ¡! ❞

📍LOUISIANA, DELACROIX

◌୭˚➶. ˚✧˖°

A few days later, Sam had invited Y/N, Bucky, and Aaron over to a cookout at his house in Louisiana. Y/N had already arrived with Aaron in her car the previous day, as she had to visit her childhood best friend before going over to the Wilson's.

Y/N was helping Sarah set the table with her powers and talking with a few men near her when a familiar pair of arms circled her waist from behind.

"Hey, pretty girl," Bucky rested his chin on her shoulder, watching her do the work, and placed the parcel of cake in his hold, on the closest table.

"Hello, pretty boy," she puckered her lips when he placed a loving kiss of greeting by tilting her head towards him.

He dragged her away to the middle of the crowd, where people were swinging their hips and vibing along with the slow, melodious music.

"Aw, someone's jealous," Y/N mock-pouted, noticing the way Bucky was clenching his jaw at the men who were speaking to her before his arrival.

"Yeah, like you were whenever I spoke to Sadie," he grinned.

"And like you were, when a random guy was 'undressing me with his eyes' in Madripoor," she shot back.

"Fine, I'll give you that one, "Bucky grumbled, making her chuckle.

"You know, you don't need music to step on my toes, right?" Y/N taunted curling her arms around his neck as his own slid down to her hips.

"I'm trying to dance," he defended childishly, "Which I'm failing at. Miserably. Thank you for pointing it out."

"Are you high?" she eyed him searchingly, "I've never seen you smile this much, except for the time when Sam caught us in the kitchen. Let alone dance."

Bucky let out a hearty chuckle, "Why, can't I dance with my best girl?"

"Yep. Definitely high," she concluded, nodding with wide eyes. She raised her eyebrows when he tugged her flush against his chest, glaring at a few men over her shoulder.

"Come on, Bucky," Y/N shook her head in amusement, "I can't believe you're jealous right now. Who do you think is actually stupid enough to date me and put up with my sarcasm?"

"Are you comforting me with an insult?" he gave her an incredulous look.

"Is it working?"

"Like a charm," he beamed at her with what Sam would call 'heart eyes'. But it dropped suddenly when a thought hit him.