↳ 𝟬𝟲 : ❝ [𝗨𝗻𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲] ¡! ❞

◌୭˚➶

◌୭˚➶. ˚✧˖°

"I'm sorry about Redwing," Bucky said as the three of them walked together down the road.

"No, you're not," Sam retorted grumpily from Y/N's other side, who was kicking the pebbles in her way. "So, what's going on in that big cyborg brain of yours?"

"It's computing," Bucky remarked.

Sam chuckled and Y/N held back a laugh. "You know what, I can see it. I can actually see the gears turning. Oh, they're malfunctioning. Shutting down. Yep, they're on fire."

"Oops, they just short-fused," Y/N teased with a grin, "Contact emergency. ASAP. I think we're gonna need to reboot his system."

"Or we're gonna need a new set of batteries," Sam completed, mirroring her expression.

Snickering, Y/N and Sam bumped their hips sideways together, very much enjoying the stoic expression on Bucky's face as a result of their jokes.

"We gotta figure out where the serums are coming from," Bucky ignored their childish comments, very much used to it by now.

"Yeah," Sam agreed, "And how in the hell after 80 years are there eight super soldiers runnin' loose."

The trio turned around when they heard the horn of a car as it slowed to a stop to their right. They turned and John Walker and Lemar Hoskins seated on the back of it. "So, that didn't go as planned, huh?" John Walker opened the door in invitation.

Both Sam and Y/N's cheerful expressions dropped abruptly into a displeased one (which looked more like Bucky's expression when they were mocking him) and continued walking, ignoring their presence. 

"Okay, let's keep going," John ordered to the driver and he steered the car to match the trio's pace. "Look, at least we know what we're up against huh?" he tried to speak again. "And we're pretty sure it's a part of the Big Three. So,"

Y/N rolled her eyes, "You mean—"

"Aliens, Androids, and Wizards." Y/N turned when Lemar Hoskins completed her sentence to see him smiling at her. Bucky's face contorted into a smoldering glare, and he subtly shifted closer to the woman next to him.

"There's no such thing as wizards!" Y/N and Bucky spoke at the same time. They caught each other's eyes for a moment and quickly looked away, feeling flustered at the sudden eye contact.

"Then, it's Aliens or Androids,"

"Or Super soldiers," Sam finally turned to them.

"Shit. Super Soldiers, for real?"Lemar quirked an eyebrow in surprise.

"Yeah,"

"Wow, alright. Then we gotta work together," John mention.

"That's not happening," Bucky snaked his arm on Y/N's waist loosely, when Lemar didn't move his gaze from her. She turned to him questioningly, but he didn't meet her eyes.