⁷.¹³lovegood

Começar do início

Travelling to Ottery St. Catchpole, they made their way easily to the Rookery - the Lovegoods home. "I always forget that the Lovegoods live near the Burrow." Athena stated, looking around the large field as they neared the Lovegood's home. "I bet that Ginny's always here in the holidays."

Ron grumbled. "You're not wrong about that..."

Upon entering the doorstep, Hermione knocked on the wooden door. Athena's eyes wandered around the house. "'KEEP OFF THE DIRIGIBLE PLUMS'" The girl read from the sign. "What are dirigible plums?"

Her question was left as the door had opened, revealing Luna's father. "What is it? Who are you? What do you want?" He asked wearily.

Harry was the one who spoke up. "Hello. Mr Lovegood. I'm Harry Potter, we met a few months ago." Harry walked up the steps, closer to the door. "Could we come in?"

They all sat in the small living room, all with a cup of tea in their hand. Like earlier, Athena was looking around the place, noticing the missing presence of her friend. "Where's Luna?"

"Luna?" He looked tired. "She'll be along." He put his cup back onto his lap. "So how can I help you, Mr Potter?"

"Well actually, it was something you were wearing around your neck at the wedding." He was gesturing to the spot below his neck, where a charm of a necklace would normally be located. "It was a symbol."

Xenophillius brought his hand to his neck, grabbing a charm. "Is it this?"

Harry grabbed the symbol, inspecting it. "Yes, that exactly. What we've wondered is... what is it exactly?"

"W-well, it's the sign of the Deathly Hallows, of course." He answered, his free hand curling in nervosity.

"The what?"
"What?"
"The what?"
"The what now?"

All of them asked simultaneously, scaring the Lovegood slightly. "I-I assume you all know the Tale of the Three Brothers."

"The Tale of the Three Brothers..." Athena mumbled, thinking to herself before her head perked up to Harry. "Isn't that one of the stories Grandma Longbottom told us when we were kids?"

Harry nodded, as well as the other two saying yes. "But how is that related to the Deathly Hallows?"

"Pen." Lovegood stood up. "I need a pen. I need to get a pen, a proper pen. Where's that pen? Ah, here it is." He held a pan in his hand, standing in front of some parchment while the four teenagers stood behind him. He drew a vertical line. "The Elder Wand-"at the bottom half of the line, he drew a circle. "The Resurrection Stone-" then from the top of the line, he drew a diagonal line down, a horizontal line across, then another diagonal line back up to the starting point. "The Cloak of Invisibility." It made up the same symbol on his necklace. He looked up at them. "Together, they make up the Deathly Hallows. Together, they make one master of death."

"That mark was on the grave in Godric's Hollow." Hermione started. "Um, by any chance, do the Peverell Family have anything to do with the Deathly Hallows?"

"Uh, I- I- Ignotus- excuse me," Lovegood moved away from his previous spot, walking towards the coffee table that held the kettle of tea. "His brothers, Cadmus and Antioch, are thought to be the original owners of the Deathly Hallows, and therefore the inspiration of the story."

The man was speaking so rushed, Athena didn't know whether to feel sorry or be weary of the guy, as he could either be overwhelmed by the sudden amount of people in his home or hiding something.

"Uh. Uh, but your tea's gone cold. I'll be right back." He sped down the stairs, kettle in his hands.

Ron picked up his bag. "Let's get out of here. I'm not drinking anymore of that stuff, hot or cold."

Athena nodded in agreement. "He's kinda suspicious... it's unnerving..."

They made their way down the stairs. Athena looked at the man, he was just staring out the window. Near him was a table with the kettle on it. There was no water in it.

"Thank you, sir." Hermione stated, scaring the man.

"You forgot the water." Ron reminded. "For the tea."

"Did- did I?" He laughed at himself, anxiously. "H- how silly of me."

"It's no matter, we really should be going anyways-"

"No, you can't!" He yelled out loud, slamming his hands on the counter. He muttered a binch of unknown words, before stopping against the front door abruptly.

"Sir?"

He looked up slowly, body shaking and voice small. "You're my only hope." His shoulder length hair covered part of his face as he looked at the four. "They were angry, you see. About what I'd been writing. So, they took her." He whispered. "My Luna... They took my Luna..." He was at the edge of breaking down, voice shaking as he neared Harry. "But that's not who they really want."

Athena's furrowed brows unknotted as she realised who they was. "Voldemort..."