Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train, Part 3

Start from the beginning

"Really?! So it's... up front?!" I ask.

"Yeah!! Up ahead!! In any case, something isn't right up there!"

I slash at a demon and it crystallises. Tanjiro asks, "Where all the coal is?!"

"Right!" Inosuke affirms.

"Got it!" I call back. "Let's go!! Forward!"

                       🗡🗡🗡

When Tanjiro and I make it to the front, we see demons about to swallow Inosuke.

"Crystal Breathing, Fifth Form, Water Sapphire: Constant Flux!" I send out a dragon of water to swirl around the boat boy and disperse the demons. The conductor is knocked back from the attack. Tanjiro appears beside me as I face Inosuke. "Inosuke!! The demon's head is right under us!"

"Don't order me around!!" He snaps back. I shoot him a glare that makes Inosuke and Tanjiro shrink back. "Okay! Fine!! Beast Breathing, Second Fang: Cut 'n Render!!"

Inosuke slashed his duel swords into the floor to reveal a form of spine.

"Water Breathing, Eighth Form: Water Basin!" Tanjiro calls out as he slashes vertically with his sword. Much to our shock, the flesh covering the bone heals itself.

"It regenerates?!" I think in shock. "Tanjiro!!" I address, causing him to look at me. "We need to attack at the same time. One of us will cut the flesh while the other severs the bone."

"Yeah! Great idea! Here goes!" Tanjiro says. He goes to strike the spine but the eyes of the demon surround him. I simply give the demon the same glare I gave the others back in the previous car, causing the demon to shrink away from me as slash at it with my rainbow nichirin katana.

Tanjiro becomes trapped by the demon as Inosuke and I continue to slash at it. "Inosuke!! Naomi!! Cut your own throats in the dream! You'll wake up!!"

I snap at the redhead, getting in his face, "This is no dream!! It's reality!! Don't fall into that trap!" I slash with my sword using my First Form and it crystallises one of the demon's arms. "So don't die a fool's death!"

I let out a war cry as I slash and crystallise even more demon arms.

Inosuke tells Tanjiro, "I wear the hide of the lord of the mountain. So I'm too scary to look in the eye, right?!! As for Pinky-san... She's a monster all on her own! She's especially terrifying when she's pissed off—like she is now! That's why even you can't look Pinky-san in the eye, either, right?!! YOU PUNY EYEBALL THING!!"

I yell back, my eyes angry white triangles, as a red rock mark throbs on the side of my head, "Who're you calling a monster, huh, Meat Head?!! I'm just not about to let this disgusting thing violate my mind again!! That's why I'm pissed off!!"

"Naomi!!" Tanjiro calls.

"Don't interfere with the dream!!" The demonic conductor exclaims before he rams something hard into Tanjiro's stomach, making him hunch forward with a gag.

I gasp loudly as I whip my head to the Kamado.

"I'm alright! If we don't sever the demon's neck fast, Zenitsu and the others won't last!! Hurry!!" Tanjiro calls.

I head for the neck and raise my blade. "Crystal Breathing, Second Form: Shard Wave!!"

I flick my sword and send out a giant wave of rose quartz crystal shards that shred the flesh to ribbons while crystallising it in mere seconds.

Tanjiro appears above the severed neck, and raises his sword. "Hinokami Kagura: Clear Blue Sky!!"

When Tanjiro brings his sword down, a ring of fire burns through the bones, incinerating it.

🗡🗡🗡

Suddenly, the train car we're in shakes do violently, I feel it beginning to flip over.

Inosuke exclaims, "You cut off its head, so it's thrashing around!"

"Uh oh! We're gonna flip! Inosuke...!" Tanjiro suddenly hunches over with a grunt of pain, causing me to whip my head to him with a gasp.

"Tanjiro...!"

It must be his wound from before...

"Is... Is your stomach okay?!" Inosuke gasps.

"Protect... the passengers!" I shout to the boar boy. The car we're in flips over until Tanjiro and I had been thrown outside, the front of the train having snapped clean off.

"Are you alright... Santaro?!" Inosuke exclaims, running up to us as I drop to my knees and cradle the Kamado in my arms.

I urge Tanjiro, "Hang in there!"

"That demon's flesh was springy, and that saved us," Tanjiro says as Inosuke appears beside me.

"Weird, huh?!" He asks.

I ask Tanjiro, "Are you alright?! You got stabbed."

"I'm fine. How about you two?"

"I'll be okay," I tell him.

"I feel great! Not even a sniffle!" Inosuke chimes.

Tanjiro says, "I can't move yet. You two go help the others. Who's injured? How about the engineer up front?"

"I actually think it's alright if he dies!" Inosuke says.

Tanjiro says, "No... It's not."

"He stabbed you in the stomach," I remind Tanjiro. "Anyway, his leg is pinned under the engine. There's no way he can walk. If we leave him, he'll die!"

Tanjiro insists, "No. He's already suffers enough. Help him."

Inosuke and I exchange uncertain glances with one another. "....."

"Please," Tanjiro pleads.

I heave out a sigh as I gently lay Tanjiro on the ground and rise to my feet. "Very well, since you're so insistent."

"Hmph! Since I'm such a good boss, I'll do it... to make my underling happy! Right, Pinky-san?!" Inosuke says, turning for the train. "But after we help him, we're ripping out all his hair!"

I say with a devilish grin as I jog alongside Inosuke, "I actually wouldn't mind doing that after he'd invaded my mind... hehehehe!"

Tanjiro mutters, "You don't need to do that!"