Chapter Five

"Ugh...what?" You mumbled.

You opened your eyes and found Elsa hovering above you. You had raised you head so that your lips were almost touching.

The two of you stayed in that position for quite a while. Her beautiful eyes were staring at your lips, and your eyes wandered down to hers. Both of you backed away when you realized what you were doing.

Elsa cleared her throught. "How are you feeling?"

You swallowed hard. "My leg is numb, and I'm kind of cold. I think I'll survive." You said.

You looked around and saw that you were still in the woods.

"That's good. Do you mind if I put some ice on your wound?" Elsa asked.

"That would be great." You said, thinking she would grab some snow or something.

What she really did surprised you. She touched your thigh and ice formed.

"What the-" You yelled.

Elsa looked at you, confused. Then, a look of understanding crossed her face.

"Oh, you don't know. Well, uh, I have snow and ice powers. Everybody in Arendelle knew, so I assumed you knew. I'm sorry." Elsa explained.

You shook your head. "That is so cool. No pun intended."

Elsa lightly shoved you, smiling.

She looked so beautiful. You knew right then and there that you were going to try really hard to get her to fall for you.

"Thank you for everything you did. You saved my sister, and I can't thank you enough. Is there anyway I could pay you back? Do you want a special meal, your own horse, a custom sword?" Elsa said.

"No, I don't need anything." Except maybe a kiss, you thought.

"Are you sure?" Elsa asked.

You nodded. "I love helping people. Besides, its my job to keep you safe. I may as well protect Anna too."

Elsa grinned and sat next to you. You discreetly scooted closer to her so that your shoulders and sides were touching.

"How long was I passed out?" You asked, playing with some snow.

"Only a few minutes, I think." Elsa replied.

You nodded and bit your lip. You felt Elsa's eyes on you.

"Where did you come from? Why did Grand Pabbie make you my body guard?" Elsa asked.

You decided to tell her the same lie you told Anna. "Well, I used to be part of a royal family. They didn't want me. They had a son after me and since then they treated me like a slave, even though in our kingdom, slaves were illegal, since there was race, religous, and gender equality. I fled and I've been living on my own since then. I found Grand Pabbie and he sent me here." You said. Hey, it was mostly true.

"What other laws were there? Why?" Elsa asked.

"They tried to make it legal to love someone of the same gender. They also tried to let people be whatever gender they wanted to be, and have freedom in their feelings and speech. It was pretty equal, but since a lot of people were ignorant and against it, there was a lot of fighting. People there wanted power and money. My parents made me seem bad in front of the people. They made me feel bad. If the people were nicer, maybe everything could have been better." You said.

Elsa nodded. "I like the idea of the freedom. I think everyone should be accepted for who they are."

"I agree. But that's not how people work. They judge you no matter what. That's why I don't have friends. If nobody likes me for who I am, then why waste my time on them? Its lonely, but at least I'm free." You said.

Elsa grabbed your hand, making you blush. "Well, I'm your friend now. Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven will be your friends too."

You smiled. "Thanks, but I work for you. If this kingdom is like most, then friendships between royals and workers is frowned upon."

"My people are very accepting. Besides, I'm the queen. I decide what I can and can't do." Elsa said, squeezing your hand.

You were about to reply when you heard Olaf calling Elsa's name.

You quickly let go of Elsa's hand and jumped up. You didn't see how disappointed Elsa looked.

Olaf was sitting in Sven's antlers. "Hey, (y/n)! How's your leg? Does it need a warm hug?" Asked Olaf. Sven nudged your arms gently.

You laughed. "I'm fine, don't worry."

Elsa was about to get onto Sven, but you stopped her. You lifted her up yourself, not noticing Elsa's blush when you placed your hands on her hips.

You jumped on behind her and put your arms around her. It felt so right to have Elsa in your arms.

Little did you know that Elsa was enjoying this moment just as much as you.