Protective (Tom Holland)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I mean, fair enough I guess but like, what if you go into labour whilst we're out, or you trip and I can't catch you fast enough, or-"

"Tom" I interrupt him with a light laugh, stopping him from listing all the possible hazards I'm certain won't happen. "It will be fine, I'm just suggesting we can maybe walk down the road, go to the cafe on the corner and get some lunch there when the time comes" I shrug.

"You wanna walk there?!" He asks me in shock, "But won't your back or feet hurt, or maybe like, the walking could get too much for you and you might end up going into stress or something which is known to induce labour by the way" He rambles on.

"Do you know how ridiculous you sound right now" I giggle and Tom laughs lightly, pouring the boiling water into the mugs. "I won't stress out from a 5 minute walk without any hills or anything, I promise, and I just wanna get out the house for a bit" I explain.

"Can't we drive? I'd prefer it. I don't want anything bad to happen" He says, putting the kettle back on its stand and he stirs each of them to make sure the sugar is dissolved in.

"Tommy, look at me" I say and he stops what he's doing, sighing and turning around to face me. He places his hands on my hips looking down at me since he's a little taller than I am as I let mine rest on his shoulders, and he presses a kiss to my head. "As much as I appreciate you worrying and being protective of our baby, it's just a little, gentle walk through the neighbourhood. It will be fine"

"I'm not just protective of the baby, I'm like it with you too" he says with a small smirk and I laugh, "Sorry if I'm keeping on, I just want you both safe and healthy, that's all" He smiles.

I lean up, pressing a kiss to his lips and then pulling back. "Don't be sorry" I smile, "Just don't freak out as much over little things" I laugh, him laughing too.

"I won't" He smiles. He puts the milk in the teas and we drink them whilst discussing things about the nursery which is 99% finished. We spend about an hour sorting some the last few things out in there and then we get ready to go to the cafe. We leave the house, Tom putting Tessa on the lead too since the cafe is dog friendly and we slowly walk hand in hand down the road.

"You doing okay?" Tom checks after a minute and I look at him with a playful glare, him laughing, "Just checking"

"Yes, I'm fine" I laugh. We get to the cafe about 5 minutes later and we sit outside since it's a sunny day, Tessa lied down underneath the table where there is shade. We both get smoothies and a bacon roll for lunch, and we sit opposite each other as we wait.

"Oh, my mum asked if we were free tomorrow night to go over for dinner" Tom says after he swallows down a sip of his smoothie. "Forgot to tell you earlier"

"Yeah that's fine by me, you're not busy right?" I ask him. Tom isn't very good with remembering things so for all I know he could be going out with the guys tomorrow night for a drink and forget to tell me.

"Well I did have a night in bed with my wife and baby planned, but I mean that can always move up to tomorrow morning or tonight" He shrugs and I smile as he chuckles. "I'll text her when we get home" he says.

"Do it now or you'll forget" I laugh.

"Fine" He rolls his eyes before taking out his phone and texting Nikki. He puts it down and just as he does, coincidentally our rolls come out. We thank the girl who brought them out and she goes back in, saying to let her know if there's anything else we need. We eat our rolls fairly quick since they are really good, but then again they always are when we come here, and we hang around for about another half an hour before standing up to go back home.

I see a flash out the corner of my eye and turn around seeing a few people across the street with cameras and I look to Tom. "Look who decided to visit" I nod over to them. Tom looks up after picking up Tessa's lead, his face falling seeing them.

"Never a quiet moment when your famous huh?" He chuckles and I laugh. He takes his wallet out and quickly runs in, paying for the things we ordered then walking back outside. His hand links with mine as his other takes Tessa's lead from my other hand and we look up when a man comes along.

"Tom what brings you to this cafe here?" He asks and Tom's grip on my hand tightens slightly. Paparazzi never fail to get in your face sometimes.

"Sorry but I'm not taking questions today" Tom smiles politely before walking past him, but the pap's hand holds my wrist, tugging me back a little and Tom turns around feeling the pull since he's holding my other hand.

"Y/n how are things going with the pregnancy?" He questions but Tom immediately steps beside me.

"Can you not touch her please?" Tom asks the man, trying to stay polite but I can see how his jaw clenches, his facial expression being one he has when he's trying not to get angry.

"How's the baby?" He asks.

"Let go of my wife" Tom says more sternly, still a hint of politeness but you can tell Tom doesn't mean it at all. The man lets go of my wrist and me and Tom turn the opposite way, walking away, and he doesn't decide to say anything else, he just stands taking photos of us walking away.

Once we get around the corner Tom stops us, sliding his hand through the loop on Tessa's lead so he's not holding it and he takes my arm in his hands. "Are you okay?" He asks me.

"Yeah I'm fine" I say as he continues inspecting my wrist, "It's okay Tom, I promise he didn't hurt me, it just took me by surprise a bit but I'm fine" I reassure him. He sighs and let's go of my wrist, sliding his hand onto my waist and pressing a kiss to my head.

"You sure you're okay?" He asks, "Everything feels okay with her too?" He asks and I smile, pressing a kiss to his lips.

"I'm sure, now let's get on home because I need the toilet" I say and Tom laughs, taking my hand as we walk back home again. As we're walking I look at Tom, seeing he still looks off, but I can't tell if it's anger or worry. "You okay?" I ask him.

He looks to me, chewing on the inside of his cheek as I watch him look down at my bump before sighing. "No" He trails off, "Are you sure that you're okay yeah? And that everything feels alright with her, nothing feels different?"

I smile at Tom before squeezing his hand a little to comfort him. "I promise I'm okay, nothing feels different, she's perfectly safe" I tell him. He nods as we continue walking.

"As soon as she's here she's getting wrapped in bubble wrap and won't leave my arms until she's grown up" Tom says and I laugh lightly. "Also, I would not like to go out in public again if that's gonna happen"

I smile, lifting Tom's hand and pressing a kiss to his knuckles as he looks at me and smiles, "Whatever you say love" I smile, our hands swaying a little as we walk home.