memories| kenny omega

Start from the beginning

then it was just you. to say that you were internally freaking out would be the understatement of the century. there was nothing to put your focus on except the plain beige walls in the hallway. there was no painting or sculptures or anything of the sort. just an undecorated beige wall with white accents.

your hands began to become clammy and cold and you shook off them, reminding yourself that there was nothing to be scared of, nothing to be anxious about. it's just your kenny, your best friend kenny. the kenny whose always got your back through thick and thin. the kenny who fought for you through all the troubles that came with your relationship, whether it be usual relationship drama that every couple went through or about his busy schedule. it was just the kenny you wanted to spend your entire life with since you got to know him. there was nothing to be scared of.

slow, familiar piano music filled your ears as two people - hotel staff? - came into your line of sight and smiled at you. "it's a big day, i hope you're ready." they held the doors, then opened it for you. the music got louder and you marveled at the sight in front of you. sure, you had envisioned it before. you and kenny were the ones to plan the wedding so you should have expected this but this is beyond amazing. your imagination did it dirty.

your friends and family stood up as you made your appearance, the gasps and smiles they involuntarily - they couldn't help but smile at you - shot your way only made you happier, but that's not what makes this moment important, it was the man at the end of the aisle, standing at the altar waiting for you. you beamed at him as he looked at you with teary eyes, using his index finger to wipe the tears out of the corner of his eyes. his best friend was beside him, putting a supportive, anchoring hand on his shoulder. he too, has been in this position before and knows how special this is to the both of you. you couldn't hear him speak, but saw his mouth moving, the smile creeping up.

"enjoy this moment, man. nothing's gonna top this." but it seems like the man you were about to call your husband in the next few minutes wasn't listening either. he was too busy admiring you.

it seemed like nothing else mattered. there is no one in the room but you and him, and him and you. everything and everyone around you was a blur, fading into the background and he was the only thing that was clear.

"kenny, fancy seeing you here." his smile only widened when you got closer to him, taking your place in front of the altar alongside him.

your eyes opened all of a sudden - talk about a dream - before taking in the room you were in. it was normal, and what usually greeted you when you woke up, the complete opposite of what you dreamt of. and as per usual, kenny wasn't there. he was miles away -- taking the world by storm, killing the business and changing the world, like he aimed to do. in spite of this, he was always a loving and caring boyfriend to you. everyday, you'd text each other and tell each other about your day went, when he didn't have much to do, you guys would always facetime, and when your schedule was free, you'd even visit him there. no matter how far away he was, you still felt his love. you never once doubted his love for you because he didn't give you any reason to. he stayed loyal to you, and you to him. besides, he always made it up to you whenever he went home.

you smiled at the mere thought of him, sinking back into the bed and turning to his side, playing with the loose thread on the covers. your smile widened at a memory that you remembered.

"kennyyy," you whined at him, trying to tug the blankets back over your body. he didn't budge though, still continuing to pull the warm, comforting blanket away from you. "lemme sleep!!"

"it's already noon," he chuckled at you, amused by your antics. much to your surprise and approval, he finally let go of your blanket and so you closed your eyes again and snuggled further into them, planning to get thirty more minutes of peaceful sleep. only, this was interrupted by him literally jumping on the bed and kissing you all over your face making you yelp, then laugh.