Chapter 31: Loki's Real Plan

Y/N's P.O.V

After getting Yelena to the medical bay I join Steve, Mr. Stark, uncle Nick and Agent Hill on the command deck.

We all stay silent as we mourn the death of Phil Coulson.

Uncle Nick pulls something out of his jacket.

Nick Fury: These were in Coulson's jacket. I guess he never got you to sign them.

He throws the cards in Steve's direction and I see that there was some blood on a couple of the cards.

Y/N: I can't believe this happened.

I lower my head.

Nick Fury: We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, location on the Cube, Banner, Thor. I've got nothing for you boys. I lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming.

He then takes a breath.

Nick Fury: Yes, S.H.I.E.L.D was using the Tesseract to build weapons. I never put all my chips on that number though.

I look up.

Y/N: Wait, Why?

Nick Fury: Well, kiddo, it's because I was playing something riskier. There was an idea, Stark and Y/N know this  called the Avengers initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if they could become something more. To see if they could work together, to fight the battles we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea.

Mr. Stark then stands up and walks out of the room.

Nick Fury: Well, it's an old fashioned thing.

I sigh.

Cap looks to me.

Steve: We should check on him.

Y/N: Yeah okay, let's go.

(Five minutes later)

After five minutes of searching for Stark we find him in the cell block where we were holding Loki.

Steve and I lean against the rail and look at Tony.

Steve: Was he married?

Tony: No, it was a cellist I think.

Steve: I'm sorry, he seemed like a good man.

Y/N: Yeah, he did.

Stark looks to us.

Tony: He was an idiot.

Y/N: Why? For believing?

Tony: For taking on Loki alone.

Steve: He was doing his job.

Tony: No, he shoulda waited.

Y/N: Sometimes there is no other way Tony.

Tony: Yeah, I've heard that before kid.

Tony then walks past us.

Steve: Is this the first time you've lost a soldier?

He then turns around quickly.

Tony: We are not soldiers! I'm not fighting Fury's fight.

Steve: Neither am I. He's got the same blood on his hands that Loki does. But right now we have to put that aside and get this done. Now Loki's gonna be looking for a power source.

As Cap continues something comes to my head when I see the blood stain on the wall.

Y/N: He made it personal.

Steve looks to me.

Steve: That's not the point Y/N.

Y/N: No that is the point Steve. That's Loki's point. He hit us all right where we live, why?

Steve: To tear us apart.

Y/N: Yeah, divide and conquer is good and all, but he knows he has to take us out to win right? That's what he wants. He wants to beat us and wants to be seen doing it.

Tony then chimes in.

Tony: He wants an audience.

Y/N: Exactly.

I then walk up to the top of the steps.

Y/N: His act in Germany was just the previews and Loki is a diva. He wants flowers, he wants a parade and he wants a tower built to the skies with his name plastered on it.

I then look at Mr. Stark who seems to have come to a realisation.

Tony: That son of a bitch.

He walks off, Steve and I follow.

Whilst Mr. Stark and Cap go and get ready I go and talk to Yelena and Nat to tell them the plan.

I walk into the room where we're holding Clint and see Yelena and Natasha standing there.

Y/N: Hey, it's time to go.

Yelena: What's going on?

Natasha: Go where?

Y/N: I'll fill you both in on the way. You can fly one of those jet's right?

???: I can.

I turn to see Clint come out of the bathroom.

Clint: Hey kid. Good to see you.

Y/N: You too Clint.

I then look to the girls to see if he can be trusted given what happened to him.

They both nod to me and if those two trust him then I know the rest of us can too.

I look to Clint.

Y/N: You still got your suit Clint?

He nods.

Clint: Yeah.

I nod to him.

Y/N: Okay, then suit up.

I walk out the room and go to suit up myself.

(Ten minutes later)

I'm now suited up and everyone was ready to go. So we head over to one of the quinjet's and see a S.H.I.E.L.D agent in there.

S.H.I.E.L.D agent: Wait, you guys aren't authorised to be in here.

Cap stops him.

Steve: Son, just don't.

Clint and I chuckle at this.

The agent leaves the jet, we take it and Clint jumps into the pilot seat.

We then head to New York to stop an alien envision.