Chapter 28: What's S.H.I.E.L.D Hiding?

Y/N's P.O.V

After getting back to the helicarrier with Thor and Loki we gather on the command deck and watch uncle Nick talking with Loki.

Once Nick is done with Loki the commutation inside the room with the cell in it cuts off Bruce is the first to talk.

Bruce: He really grows on you doesn't?

I chuckle at this.

Steve: Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor what's his play?

Thor turns to us.

Thor: He has an army call the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard, nor of any world known. He means to lead them against your people, they will win him the earth.

I shake my head.

Y/N: An army from outer space? Then again I fought a teacher who accidentally turned himself into a giant mutant lizard. So at this point not much surprises me.

Thor: We had a lizard problem on Asgard once.

Bruce: So, he's building another portal. That's why he needs Erik Slevig.

Thor: Selvig?

Bruce: He's an astrophysicist.

Thor: He's a friend.

Natasha: Loki has him under a spell, along with one of ours.

Y/N: I just don't get why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here.

Bruce: I don't think we should be focusing on that kid. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You could smell crazy on him.

Thor: I care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is an Asgardian. He is my brother.

Yelena: He killed eighty people in two days.

Thor: He's adopted.

Bruce: I think it's about the mechanics. The Iridium, what do they need that for?

???: It's a stabilising agent.

We turn to see Mr. Stark coming into the room.

Tony: It means that the portal won't collapse like it did at S.H.I.E.L.D. It also means that the portal can stay open as long as Loki wants.

Stark goes over to Fury's position.

Tony: How does Fury even see these?

Maria: He turns.

Tony: That sounds exhausting.

Mr. Stark then starts talking about the materials that agent Barton would need to get to help Loki with his plan.

Steve: Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?

Y/N: Well, Selvig would have to heat the Cube to hundred and twenty million Kelvin to break through the Coulomb barrier.

Tony: Not unless Selvig has figured out how to stabilise the quantum tunnel effect.

Bruce: If he could do that, he could achieve heavy ion fusion at any reactor on the planet.

Tony: Finally, someone other than the kid who speaks English.

Steve: Is that what just happened?

Tony: It's good to meet you Dr. Banner. Your work on antielectron collisions is unparalleled. I'm also a fan of how you turn into a huge green rage monster.

Bruce: Thanks.

We then see Fury come in.

Nick Fury: Dr. Banner is here to track the Tesseract. I was hoping you'd join him and Mr. L/N.