Chapter 14: Tombstone

Y/N's P.O.V

I've now just made it back to the Bugle and I see the aftermath if my fight with the Rhino.

As I hear Jamson ranting about Spider-Man and Rhino I go over to Robbie and talk to him about Mr. Lincoln.

Y/N: Hey Robbie.

Robbie: Hi Y/N. What can I do for you?

Y/N: Well, I was wondering if you knew anything about a Mr. Lincoln?

Robbie: Our Sixteenth president?

Y/N: No, not that Lincoln. This one might also go by the name Bigman.

Robbie: Ah, you must mean L. Thompson Lincoln. Rumours surface every few years that he's some kind of crime-lord. But I checked it out, Lincoln looks a little odd, but he's one of the good guys. He's as straight as they come. Hey, if there is a Bigman out there, his name's not Lincoln.

(Four hours later)

After talking to Robbie I call up uncle Nick and ask him if any of his S.H.I.E.L.D contacts can get me an address for L. Thompson Lincoln.

I've just gotten his location from Yelena and I'm going there now.

Once I get there I swing into the main office and see two goons standing there.

They try to shoot me, but I shoot webs at them and drag them towards me.

I then kick them upwards and I stick them to the ceiling.

After that I do a spin into a backflip and land on the desk that overlooks the city.

There's someone in the chair looking out at the city.

Y/N: I'm here to see Mr. Lincoln.

???: Then you should make an appointment.

He spins around him his chair and I see a pale man in a suit.

???: But perhaps we'll make an exception for the hero of the day. I am L. Thompson Lincoln.

Y/N: Please you're the Bigman.

He stands up, and I must admit he's alot taller than he looks.

???: In my life I've been called many name's. My favourite is Tombstone.

(A/N: Just a quick note. This is why I think Idris Elba would make a perfect Tombstone. I could picture saying this line and pulling it off, but that's just me. Oh and another thing. If you could cast an actor/actress to play a Spider-Man villain, who would the villain be and why would you choose that actor?)

I stand up too.

Y/N: Back off! I just took down the Rhino. A pale guy in a suit doesn't...

Before I could continue he hits me in the face knocking me back and to the ground.

I spring off my hands and backflip back onto my feet.

Tombstone jumps over his desk and lands infront of me.

I go to punch him, but he catches my hand and uppercuts me in the stomach and this shoots me into the air.

He then hits with a right cross and I hit the ground hard.

Before I could get up he pins me to the ground with his foot.

Tombstone: Don't move boy. Just listen, and I'll teach you the facts of life.

I try to hit him with a pool ball, but he catches it and crushes it in his hand.

Y/N: Damn.

Tombstone: The Bigman, whomever he might be has nothing against heroes. No hero can fight enough crime to dent his income, but you. You frightened criminals off the streets entirely, except when you're off battling the likes of the Rhino.

He let's me up and goes back to his desk.

Tombstone: Then the Bigman's petty army of thugs think themselves beneath Spider-Man's notice.

I stand back up.

Y/N: So, as long as I keep fighting crime. You keep making bigger and badder...

Tombstone: Now you're starting to get it. But there is a way out.

Lincoln then offers me money and offers me a job, as long as I look the other way on occasion when it comes to crime.

Y/N: I can't ever look the other way again. Now, let's finish this.

Tombstone: Ah, if you insist.

He hits a buzzer and two cops come in.

Tombstone: Officers, arrest Spider-Man. He has trespassed on my property, assaulted my employees and threatened my person.

Y/N: Wait, you can't listen to him. He's the bad guy, he's the...

The cops see the two thugs I pinned to the ceiling and point their guns at me.

Cop: Freeze Spider-Man! You're under arrest!

Y/N: Damn it!

I shoot out a web and attach it to a chair. I throw the chair at the window and swing out of the broken window.

I swing away.

(One hour later)

I'm now at Justin's place with him, Mia and Yelena as I tell them what happened with Lincoln.

Yelena is patching me up as Lincoln hit me pretty hard.

Mia: He really got you good, didn't he?

Y/N: Yeah, tell me about it. For a guy in a suit he really knows how to kick ass. He threw me around like a ragdoll.

I look to Justin.

Y/N: Justin you found out anything more about Mr. Lincoln?

He spins around in his chair.

Justin: Nope, nothing. The only thing I could find is that he might be working with someone who goes by the codename Hammerhead. But it's just a rumor at this point.

Y/N: Hammerhead? Really?

Yelena: It's always the crazy villains that name themselves.

Justin: Very true. So Spidey, what's the plan? How do we take this guy down?

Y/N: Honestly, I don't know yet. But we'll figure it out. I hope.

Mia: We will Y/N.

I nod.

Yelena just finished patching up my ribs.

Yelena: There. It's done.

Y/N: Thanks Yelena.

Yelena: No problem. Well, I better go. I need to report back to S.H.I.E.L.D. I'll see you all later.

Y/N: See ya Yelena.

Mia: Bye.

After that Justin, Mia and I spend some time on trying to figure out how to take down Tombstone and his criminal empire.