⚜Chapter 25⚜

Începe de la început

Things have obviously changed now. Before I could question her further, she changed the topic. I guess I suppose I'll give her some time before she is comfortable talking about it.

When we reach home, the boys are lounging in the living room, watching a football match.

"Seriously, why are you guys not getting ready?" Nora smacks Cosimo on the head with her purse, annoyed that the guys were still in their casual clothes.

"Hey," Felix says as he pulls me next to him on the sofa, making my hold on the bags loosen as they fall on the carpet. His right hand makes its way to my shoulder, pulling my body into his chest as he kisses my forehead, "You tired?"

I was glad no one pointed out our position but, I could sense from Nora's expressions that she will hound me for details later.

"Ugh, don't ask. This one takes a lot of time to buy just one dress." I whined, pointing my chin towards Eleonora.

"What? I have to make sure I look good." She pouted when I gave her an accusing glare.

"Please, you managed to grab the cashier's attention in jeans and top. Poor guy was trying so hard to score your number."

As the words left my mouth, Elijah abruptly stood up from his seat.

"Dude, you okay?" Felix asked.

Clearing his throat, Elijah said, "Yeah, just gonna grab some water." He left the room but not before throwing a glare towards Nora.

"Okay, time to start getting ready." Nora announces as she drags me away from Felix, who looks annoyed at the action.

After Nora and I get done with hair and makeup, I quickly get into my shimmery gold-coloured spaghetti straps backless dress, pairing it with rose gold Ralph & Russo heels. Nora, on the other hand, looked beautiful in her dark red velvet gown with red lips. As soon as we are both ready, we leave my room and go downstairs with Nora ahead of me.

With every step that I take, I can feel Felix's eyes on me. When I'm on the last stair, Felix reaches out his hand for me. Slipping my hand into his, he pulls me towards him, "You look beautiful." His husky voice reaches my ear cause my body to tingle.

"Let's go, loverboy. We don't wanna be late." Cosimo's voice snaps us out of our bubble.

Distancing myself from Felix, the five of us then proceed to leave the house, settling ourselves in the car. Felix and I are the first to depart, with the other three following behind.

As soon as our car pulled up at the venue, the paparazzi immediately surrounded us. Felix stepped out first and opened the door for me, giving me his hand as I stepped out.

"Stay close to me." He whispered, snaking his hand around my waist as we make our way inside. Amidst the chaos, I saw Elijah, Cosimo, and Nora dealing with the same predicament as ours.

Once we were all safely inside, we made our way to our table. In all fairness, I do not want to be here but, since either of our parents can't attend the party as they are out of town, the obligation falls on us.

"Here comes the she-devil." Nora whispered in my ear as we saw Althea walking towards our table.

"Stop." I tell her, trying to stifle my smile as I lightly jab her in the side. Before she reaches our table, Felix stands up and moves towards her, meeting her halfway. I don't know what happened to the two but, I can sense the distance between the two from here.

Sometime later, while talking to one of the wives of a business mogul, Felix came to me.

"Hello, sorry to interrupt but I'd like to borrow my wife for a while." His sweet smile and calming voice make the woman blush a little as she leaves us.

Turning around to face him, I ask, "What is it?"

He grins as he drags me towards the center of the floor, "We're dancing."

"Most people ask first." I pointed out.

"Hmm, do they?" The grin never leaves his face as he suddenly twirls me around.

"Eep." A yelp escapes my lips as he pulls me back, my front landing against his back as his snake around my waist holding me close.

"This is not dancing." I gasp when he starts prepping light kisses on my neck. Humming, he turns me around to face him. His left hand moves from my waist to my upper back, lightly stroking it up and down. He continues his ministrations while holding me against him, oblivious to its effect on me.

Our moment of peace was interrupted when we heard Mason, Jace's father, on stage, "Thank you all for coming. Today is a special day for my family and, I'd like to share that happiness with all of you. If everyone could please stand up."

Eli, Cosimo, and Nora made their way towards us on the floor, confusion evident on their face when they heard Mason. Felix was still holding me by the waist with my back against his chest when he said, "What announcement?"

He questioned the two men, who seemed like they had no idea either.

"Maybe Jace proposed?" Cosimo offered and, Felix's hand tightened around my waist as he stiffened.

"I don't think so. Althea would've informed James and Lillian if that were the case." I said, placing my hand on top of Felix's to calm him.

Before anyone of us could say anything else, Mason started speaking, expressing his excitement. I spotted Jace next to him on the stage with Althea. Based on the look on her face, she was clueless as well.

We were all eagerly waiting for Mason to declare the news. However, when he did, I wished he never said those words in the first place.

"It gives me immense pleasure to announce that my son will be the next CEO of Blackstone.Inc."

I expected Jace to come forward and take the mic. I didn't expect what happened next.

Someone else walked up to the stage and hugged Mason. None of us could see his face since he had his back towards the audience. Althea, on the other hand, could like she had seen a ghost.

As the person turned around, my eyes widened in shock that I didn't even notice when Felix backed away from me.

"No," I heard Eli mutter next to me.

"My son, everyone, Rhys Black!"

A/N

DOUBLE UPDATE!

How many of you were expecting that? Rhys Black, we finally know his full name and the fact that he is Jace's brother. What do you think of Felix and Althea's reaction? Like I said before, buckle up guys because things are about to get messy real soon.

I will see you guys next weekend with the latest update! Do let me know if you enjoyed today's updates and please do vote! I would really appreciate it!

xoxo

Tanya