On my way to the front door i paused at the closet grabbing the bat we had. Don't have a gun but i know how to swing a bat. Quietly setting down the bat next to the door, making sure it was out of sight. 

"I'm not breaking in, Darling. I just don't have my key." I heard Steve say. Quickly opening the door i looked up and saw... my husband? I could tell it was Steve but my five foot four husband is now over six feet tall standing in front of my little five foot body. 

Quickly Steve stepped in and wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck bracing myself from the sudden action. 

"I got you, Hon." He chuckled and I hid my face in the crook of his neck. "What are you doing here?" I mumbled in his ear. "Well I had a show in New York until i have to go back over seas. And I knew this was going to be my last chance to see you for awhile. So I ran here just so I could see you." He kissed the side of my head and I smiled before processing what he said.

I moved my head back and looked at his face which was still the same besides some jaw line changes. "You ran here?" I questioned and he nodded as i ran my fingers over his jaw line. "You're not dying. Wow the serum worked. Does that mean I clean move all the meds out of the bathroom and have more space?" I asked him and he laughed. "Sure." He smiled.

Leaning forward I connected our lips. There's one thing the same. His lips. His beautiful pink lips. The same feeling just like it has been for years. I'm glad they haven't changed.

I pulled away and smiled at him. Moving a hand to his face I rubbed my thumb over his bottom lip. "Good. These haven't changed." I told him. "And you're still perfect as ever." He said.

"I've missed you Stevie." I moved some hair off his forehead. "I've missed you too, my love. I don't want to leave you again." He rested his forehead on mine and we closed our eyes.

"I know. I don't want you to leave either. And I know you aren't doing what you were promised, but hold on, Baby. Maybe things will change and you'll join the fight too. I need you to be strong for me okay?" He nodded.

"Now, I didn't run all the way over here for nothing." He said and started walking. "Oh, so there has to be a reason to come see your wife?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "No. But I want to test out this new body." He said and I felt the bed on my back.

"Oh." I smirked at him and he smirked back. "I haven't seen my wife in almost a year. And seeing you gorgeous as ever in your light blue feather robe that I have missed dearly. Makes me want you more." He said dipping his head to my neck.

"Well what's stopping you?" I smirked and felt him smile against my skin. He moved his head back to mine and crashed our lips together. His hand moved down my body and untied my robe letting it fall open.

"God I've missed you!" He yelled and flipped us so I was on top. I giggled before slipping my robe off letting it fall to the ground. Then leaning down and connecting my lips with the love of my life.

EIGHT MONTHS LATER

Peggy's POV:

"Come in this is Captain Rogers! Do you read me?" I heard Steve over the radio. "Steve is that you? Are you alright?" I asked him sitting down on the seat. "Peggy? Schmidt's dead." He told me and I sighed.

"What about the plane?" I asked. "That's a little bit tougher to explain." He said. "Give me your coordinates. I'll find you a safe landing point." I told him.

"There's not going to be a safe landing. But I can try to force it down." He told me. "I'll get Howard on the line. He'll know what to do." I said reaching for the phone. "There's not enough time. This thing is moving too fast and heading for New York." After a few seconds he spoke again. "I got to put her in the water." He spoke.