Dodger-Chris

I put my hand over my eyes blocking the sun in my eyes. I got used to it and opened my eyes. And saw the most lovely sight before me.

"Well, hello to you too, Dodge

"Well, hello to you too, Dodge." I laughed and petted his head. I looked down at my legs and saw Mazi (It's just pronounce Maze), Mazikeen, holding on to my leg.

"Come here, Dodger." I patted the spot next to me and he moved over. I reached down and picked up Mazi. I set her on my chest and put the blanket back over us.

She moved around a bit and looked up at me with her crazy hair. Her eyes were barely open and she had the look of 'I don't want to be up'.

"Good morning, my love." I moved some hair from her face. "Morning, Mommy." She put her head back down on my chest and I rubbed her back to keep her wake.

"What twime is Daddy coming home?" She asked. "I don't know any more. He told me his flight was delayed before we went to bed. So he won't be home in time." I told her. She started giggling and I looked down at her.

"What's so funny, Cutie?" I asked. "Dodger." She pointed at him.

"Bubba you're in a mood this morning

"Bubba you're in a mood this morning. Is it because you miss Daddy too?" I asked and he barked at me. "I figured. We all want him back in the house." I kissed the top of Mazi's head and she leaned up to kiss my cheek.

After laying in bed for a while we got up and went downstairs. I made breakfast while Mazi played in her play room. I made Chris's favorite breakfast just in case he would be here to eat with us.

Chris hasn't been home in seven months. And it's not like he was in Atlanta, LA, or New York. He just finished filming for Endgame and he had to travel the world doing premieres.

I love seeing the pictures that fans post and he calls every night no matter where he is. He always figures out our time zones differences and calls at eight on the dot.

I brought breakfast into the playroom and set it down on the table we had in there. We were half way done eating when Dodger started barking.

We heard the front door open and both Dodger and Mazi got up so fast taking off to the door

We heard the front door open and both Dodger and Mazi got up so fast taking off to the door. I just smiled and stood up from my seat. I set the plates on the cabinet so Dodger wouldn't get into them.

When I walked into the front hallway Mazi was standing there looking at Dodger and Chris on the floor.

She was laughing and clapping her hands at the crazy dog

She was laughing and clapping her hands at the crazy dog. Chris got Dodger to sit and Mazi took the opportunity to then to run and jump on Chris's chest. "DADDY!" She yelled.

He started laughing more and wrapped his big arms around her tiny frame. She put her arms around his neck giving him a big hug.

"Oh, my sweet girl." He said and had a giant smile on his face. He held her close and moved his head to be on hers.

He got up and off the ground without using his hands and Mazi still clung into to him like her life would end if he let her go. He opened his eyes and looked at me. He opened one of his arms and I walked right into the hug.

My arms were around the princesses waist, Chris, and he had an arm around me and one around Mazikeen.  He moved his head and kissed the side of her head before leaning down and kissing mine.

"God I've missed you both so much." He said. "We've missed you too, Daddy." Mazi told him. "Yes we have." My voice broke in the middle of the sentence because I was crying.

"Oh, no. Mommy's crying. We better prepare a tissue." Chris said and reached over to the side table and give me a tissue. "Thank you." I said.

"I definitely don't miss the hormones being all over the place." I told Chris and he chuckled. "Yeah... but that's how I know Mazikeen over here is getting a sister." Chris said.

"How?" She asked getting curious about being an older sister. "Because mom was the exact same way with you. She never got morning sickness, hormones were everywhere, tired 24/7, and the tude was overflowing." He said and I hit his chest lightly. "See." He pointed at me.

I'm eight months pregnant. Before Chris left we were trying to have another kid. So obviously we had sex a lot. But what we didn't expect to happen, after trying for a few months, is that I would get pregnant just before Chris left. So I've mostly been on my own for this entire pregnancy. Besides when Lisa would come and help.

"Mazi why don't you take Dodger out to play. I got to talk to Mommy." Chris looked at her. She nodded and he put her down. Her and Dodger ran outside and Chris looked down at me.

He put both hands on the side of my face and smashed our lips together. I put my hands on his face and he moved his to my waist pulling my body to his. I wrapped my arms around his neck keeping him on me. He pulled away but moved his head to the side and we hugged.

"How are you, my love?" Chris asked. "Perfect now that you're here." I answered truthfully. "And how's my other little one doing?" He asked and moved down lifting up my shirt and placing a kiss on my stomach. "Their good too. Hasn't been too much kicking." I told him moving his hair around.

Chris rested his forehead on my stomach and there was a kick right where is head was. "I think we have a kicker here." Chris said. I just laughed and he stood up.

"I love you. And I'm sorry for not being here for you during this." He apologized. "It's fine, Baby. I would've been pissed if you weren't here for labor. But you're here now. I love you too." I smiled and he leaned down kissing me.

"I want a kiss!" Mazikeen yelled from our feet. Chris chuckled and picked her up. He started pressing short kisses all over her face and she was a giggling mess.

We spent the whole day being lazy, watching movies, eating junk food, and Chris told us all about the journeys he went on. We're now laying in our bed with Mazikeen snuggled into Chris's side, Dodger at our feet, and I'm snuggled into the other side of Chris.

"I wonder how many times she'll sleep with us?" Chris wondered. "Probably for at least a week. She's slept with me a lot while you were gone." I said. Chris groaned quietly and put his head back.

"So, no sex?" Chris asked and looked at me. "Not in bed at least. But we've still got that big shower you insisted on having." I said. "Yes." Chris said quietly. "I love you, Dork."