JJ-Steve

Steve's POV: 

"We won." I said and sat down next to Tony. 

"MOMMY!" I heard a little boy scream. "Mommy wake up!" He cried. I stood up looking out and saw a ice cream shop with the windows broken. "Thor come on." I said and started running over. 

"Hello?" I called stepping into the shop. "Help!" He yelled. I ran behind the counter and there he was sitting next to a woman laying on the ground. She had burns on her neck and shoulder with scratches on her arms, legs, and face. I walked over and grabbed her hand. I checked for a pulse and there was one. But it was very faint. 

"Please help my mommy." He put a hand on my arm looking at me with tears streaming down his cheeks. He was all dirty and had some bruises and scratches as well. "It's gonna be okay." I said. "Thor can you pick her up please?" I looked at him and he nodded. 

I picked up the little boy and he immediately wrapped his arms around my neck. We walked out and Tony was now standing up. "Who's that?" He asked pointing to the woman. "I don't know. But i heard him yelling. Do you have a medical wing in that tower of yours?" I asked. "Yeah. Floor below mine." He nodded. "Thor take her. I got him." He nodded and flew up. 

"Mommy!" He looked up and watched Thor take her away. "It's okay. He going to get her some help." I told him rubbing his back a little. He looked at me and then looked down at my suit. "You're Captain America." He said softly. "Yeah. But you can call me Steve." I nodded. He then looked at Tony. "You're Iron Man." He smiled. "That's me kid. You wanna come with us? You can stay until you're mom gets better." Tony walked closer. He nodded and pointed at the ice cream shop. 

"What's over there?" Tony asked. "Our bag." He answered. "I'll go get it. Stay and keep Capsicle company." Tony walked away. 

"I know you don't like hearing about Banner. But that woman up there needs the best of the best. You think you could go help her?" I looked up at the Hulk. He nodded and jumped to the top following Thor. 

Tony got the bag and we went up to the tower. We went to one of the spare rooms and Tony went to see how she was doing and try to find something about them. While i was trying to help get him clean. 

"Hey you want to take a bath?" I asked the little boy sitting on the bed. He nodded and grabbed my hand walking into the bathroom. I started the bath and he got in.

"You know you still haven't told me your name." I said putting some soap in his hair. "Jackson. But I like JJ." He said. "And what's your mom's name?" I asked. "Y/n. Y/n Y/l/n." He said. Perfect now we can find who she actually is. I thought to myself.

After cleaning him up and getting JJ some new clothes I promised him we could see Y/n. She was out of surgery but in a coma. I told Tony her and JJ's name asking to see what he could find. We went to Y/n's room after.

We walked over with JJ still not letting my hand go. He reached out and placed his other hand on her hand. She was wires coming out of her hospital gown and a tube coming out of mouth. 

"What's in her mouth?" JJ asked and I heard the worry and fear in his voice. "Well your mommy is having a hard time breathing on her own. So the tube is helping her breathe. It's helping keeping her alive." I told him and he nodded. "Can I lay with her?" He asked looking up at me. I nodded and picked him up. I placed him so his head was on her stomach since her chest and shoulders were burned pretty badly.

He wrapped his arms as best as he could around her waist and nuzzled his head in her stomach. I sat down by the bed giving him some space for his mom. "I don't know if you can hear me or not mommy. But I'm gonna try and talk to you. I found the man you've been telling me about. He's really nice and has been taking care of me and you. He found us in the shop. He saved us." I smiled thinking he was talking about me.