Marriage and Truths

Začít od začátku

"It most likely has something to do with her parents," Lilith stated.

Her tone of voice was different as if something was frustrating her. Eda must've read my mind as she asked her sister a question.

"Are you alright sis?"

"I'm perfectly fine, Edalyn. I am a little exhausted and I should head home to relax. I'll see you two Monday morning," Lilith walked away without saying anything else.

"Am I going crazy or is there something that the two of them are not telling? Amity didn't appear to be happy when her parents were going to pick her up and Lilith seemed upset from the way she sounded."

"It was probably my fault that Amity acted that way for I asked to see her parents," I felt a bit guilty.

"Eh don't worry kid. You know Amity wouldn't want you to blame yourself for something you didn't even do. Maybe there's something happening that is not for us to know about. Somehow, I believe Lilith knows something that we don't. Though, if Amity is not comfortable with telling us what's going on, then it is not our place to budge in and be nosy about it."

"You made a good point. I just hope that everything is okay and not something I need to worry about."

"Think on the bright side. Now, I gotta call your mom so let's head to my car," Eda pulled out her phone and called my mom.

I zoned out of the conversation between Eda and my mom and instead focused on thinking about Amity. It was going to run in my mind the way she sounded and appeared when her parents were mentioned. It made me realize that she rarely even talks about them to me. For some odd reason, it looks like Amity is trying to avoid me from visiting them. I'm not sure why, but it must be a good reason not to see her parents.

--------------------------------------------

Amity's POV

The drive home was quiet. My parents and I only said hi to each other but that was it. It was unexpected for them to randomly text me and say that they were at school to pick me up. The silence felt off and I was scared as to why my parents weren't communicating with me. They usually would ask me about my grades and magic level. It's not like that any longer.

'We've made it home quick,' I said to myself.

I noticed a familiar car parked in our driveway. It belonged to Mattholomule's parents.

'What are they doing here?'

Finally, my mother was the first to break the silence.

"Our guest has arrived already. Be sure to behave yourself Amity."

"Yes mother," I responded with a bit of anxiety appearing.

We got out of the car at the same time as Mattholomule and his parents did. Everyone was dressed as if they got out of work except Matt and I. I was beginning to feel nervous about what was going on. I prayed that my worst nightmare wasn't coming true.

"Good afternoon Alador and Odalia. It's nice meeting you both again," Ivor, Mattholomule's father, greeted.

"Likewise Ivor. It's a pleasure to see you Aria," my father nodded his head slightly to Mattholomule's mother.

"My pleasure is yours Alador. We have a lot to discuss, don't we?"

"Yes we do," my mom answered.

Mattholomule stood there with a concerned look on his face. He gave me a little wave and I waved back. I saw the door opened with my brother and sister by the doorway. They were dressed nicely and the clothing was something they wouldn't wear unless they were forced to wear it.