Running Away or Kidnapped?

Friday 2:00 pm

Luz's POV

"Give a round of applause to our students who did an astounding job today!"

Everyone cheered and clapped for the last mages to finish off the Power-Up challenge. No one was able to pass my magic level or my friends. Now everyone will be looking at me as if I was some goddess. I didn't care about popularity or what people thought of me. As long as they don't say anything bad about my friends, I won't worry. It's also been three days since I've talked to Amity. I got the memo to leave her alone until the new week starts.

RIIIIIIIINNNNNGGG!!!

"Have an amazing rest of your day everyone! Work hard and stay away from trouble," Principal Bump spoke through the mic.

"Let's go kid," Eda walked to me.

After the bombing incident and watching the news, Eda and I relaxed at her house. I showed her spells that I've used on my day to day hero job. As days went by, Eda quickly learned how to help people when they're in danger or distress. She was able to catch more bad guys on the act with spells that I've never used before. Most of the time, Eda and I work together. Once or twice per week, we decided to work independently as my teacher was becoming more popular. The funny thing is that Eda was being surrounded by a bunch of her new fans, including men who were very attractive with the way she fights and saves people from dangerous situations. She didn't have time for them and politely turned them down.

"So what do you think about Hexside now that it's five days since you've been here?"

"I really like it here. I know my first and second day was a ruckus with the whole incident between Amity and I. Other than that, everything is going smoothly and I enjoy having you as my teacher," I became joyful.

"I'm glad kid. I know things haven't been easy on you, but I promise it will get better as each day passes by."

"Thanks Eda."

"Now that school's over, I'm heading home and I'll be taking a power nap before I go out. Text me if you need any help and I will be there in a jiffy," Eda offered.

"I will. See you later teach!" I waved before walking off home.

Eda waved goodbye and went in the opposite direction. I'm very happy that the weekend is here. I am looking forward to next week so I can finally conquer the new spells Eda has taught me. I've been making slight progress but I wasn't able to get the spell right. My mentor advised me to practice in my spare time in a safer place. All I need to do is have faith and work harder.

--------------------------------------------

Belos's POV

"Have you placed the syringes safely in the case, Kikimora?"

"Yes sir. They are in place."

"Excellent. Now we wait until those men stop by so I can instruct them what to do and take the case to their homes," I placed my mask over my face securely as well as Kikimora.

"Do you think the syringes will work?" my assistant wondered.

"They should. I made sure I combined the right ingredients together. If we only had someone to test it out but we'll find out whether or not it works."

"Let's hope we can bring a victim to take control over their magic."

"Agreed."

I finally heard a knock on the door and opened it to reveal Steve and his three friends.