Denial and Support

Monday 11:15 pm

Luz's POV

Back at school, I waited for Eda at the bench so she could finish teasing her sister. A couple minutes later, my teacher told me she needed to go somewhere very important but that she would make it up to me tomorrow. I bid her farewell as I walked home and got dressed to go out for my usual hero work routine. Not a lot has happened today which felt quite peaceful for me. After I was done with my hero stuff, I headed home and waited for my mom to come back from work. I wanted to tell her all about today. Of course I would exclude the whole Boscha and Amity business or else I wouldn't hear the end of it from my mother. Today felt like the worst but also the best day. I was able to meet new and old friends and create enemies. I thought back to The Good Mage Azura where Azura was able to befriend her rival. If only there was a way I could befriend Amity. Then everything will be settled and perfect.

While I was sitting on the couch watching TV, I heard keys hit each other and saw the door knob move. And then there was my mom.

"Luz? You're still awake? Don't you have school tomorrow?"

"Yeah I do, but I decided to wait for you so I can tell you all about my day today," I smiled gently at my mom.

"So how was it?" my mom set her keys on the kitchen counter and went to sit down next to me.

"It was great! I made friends already and I saw Jessica too. We have one class together. That's not the best part. My teacher is really cool and we had this event that determines who is the strongest student and I am the number one student to be strong," I flexed my muscles with a goofy grin plastered on my face.

"Oh my goodness mija! I'm so proud of you!" my mother hugged me.

"My baby is making new friends and is the strongest mage in school. I really made a great choice to let you into Hexside. You were made for that school," my mom held my face and kissed my forehead.

"Thanks mami. I couldn't have done it without you," I grabbed my mom's hands.

"Aw cariño, don't make your mama cry right now. It's not the right time to do that right now heh."

"Sorry ma. But honestly, this is the best decision for me. I'll keep surprising you each day and I promise to continue moving forward."

"That's my daughter haha," my mom hugged me once more.

"You should head into bed. I don't want to keep you up all night."

"Okay. In the morning, you'll tell me about your day," I got from the couch and looked at my mother.

"I will Luz. Goodnight."

"Night ma," I kissed her head and went to my room to sleep for tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------

Tuesday 7:40 am

Amity's POV

"Can you believe it?! Amity Blight has been knocked down from rank one. I never expected that to happen."

"I really thought she would remain at the top."

"The new student totally wrecked it yesterday."