ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴀ

🐾

🐾

At a large soccer field in the park, a small group was playing soccer; well to be more precise, Katelyn and her brother were playing soccer.

Kicking the ball forward, Katelyn watched as her little brother tried to kick it back, but missed and he watched as the ball soared past him.

Walking towards her little brother, a small groan left Katelyn's lips.

'Ughh, Kacey',Katelyn groaned and an underlying tone of disappointment shone in her voice.

Turning around, Kasey faced his sister and looked towards the ground, his lips pulled down into a frown.

'S-Sorry Katelyn',Kasey apologized.

With a small sigh, Katelyn placed her hand on her hip and slowly shook her head.

'Soccer tryouts are tomorrow after school',Katelyn explained,'We've had a whole month to practice for them'

Staring at the ground, Kacey sighed and shook his head, disappointed in himself that he was upsetting his sister.

'I'm just not good at this..',Kasey stated.

Suddenly feeling bad, Katelyn shook her head and tried to cheer him up.

'Oh, don't say that, Kasey, it's not that you're not good at it',Katelyn said,'You can he if you try and you have improved! You're just not good at kicking the ball'

Furrowing his eyebrows, Kasey tilted his head and frowned in confusion.

'Isn't that the whole point of soccer?',He questioned.

With her mouth gaping open and closed for a moment, Katelyn slowly nodded her head and tried to help her brother become more confident.

'Yes, but.. I-I've seen you do it!',Katelyn exclaimed.

'Yeah, like once or twice.. by accident!',Kacey retorted.

With a small groan, the beautiful bluenette looked around and her ocean eyes swept their gaze along the field, looking for her friends.

Why weren't they here yet.

'Ughh, where are they?!',Katelyn exclaimed.