CHAPTER 12 - UNEXPECTED

Solid was the first to wake up early in the morning, as he usually did now. He dismissed his alarm then he changed into his training clothes and woke up Lucario and Gardevoir. Pikachu was still snoozing on the bed. Solid and the two left the room, which he locked right after and made a small breakfast meal for the three before they headed down stairs for some training. They said good morning to Joy as they passed her, which she replied back with one of her own. They went a good distance into the forest to have less of a chance to get caught by others as they trained.

An hour later, Brock woke up, took a shower, got dressed and decided to get breakfast made. The smell of the food caused the others to get up one by one. That's how Brock got them to get up; not with yelling, or splashing water on their faces, but by making the irresistible smell of delicious food. They all washed up, got changed and gathered at the dining table. Serena headed towards Solid's room to tell him to get up but Brock called out after her.

"He's not there Serena. I saw him get up early and he made a small breakfast for himself before going downstairs."

"Oh alright. I just thought he wasn't up yet and that he could have some breakfast," replied the honey haired girl as she took her seat.

Gary was about to say something but Misty caught his attention, by twirling her mallet in her hand. He gulped and stayed quiet for the moment. After breakfast they all decided to relax for a while and then go out and explore for a little bit. Misty decided to go call her sisters and see how the gym was holding up and Gary said he'll join since he wanted to call his Gramps for something. The rest decided they'll meet up with the two downstairs soon. Misty and Gary made their way to the ground floor and asked Nurse Joy if they could use the video phone, which she happily let them use.

Misty went first and called her sisters. Her oldest sister Daisy picked up, as usual but was soon quickly joined by Lily and Violet. They told her that everything was fine, that they only had one challenger in the past week who had lost his gym battle. They agreed that it was probably because of the Spirit Tournament, that everyone was on their way to come there. After talking a bit more they said good bye and Misty disconnected the call and hung up the phone. She walked back to where Gary was sitting and told him he could go. She then went towards Nurse Joy to ask her something, when someone tapped her on the shoulder when she drew near the counter. She turned around as she spoke.

"Yea….oh!" She was surprised as to who was in front of her. It was a young man, with black hair and a red bandanna around his head, a green shirt and red shorts.

"Hey Misty," said the man as he hugged her. Misty didn't return the hug. She really didn't want to interact with him at all. Joy was eyeing the man from the corner of eye carefully.

"What are you doing here Tracey?" she asked as she pulled away from him.

"I came to be with you babe," he answered as he reached out to touch her cheek but she smacked his hand away. "Oh, you know I like that fiery side of you." He chuckled.

"Stop it. You know I don't see you that way. And how did you know I was here?"

"Who are you trying to kid?" joked Tracey as he grabbed both of her shoulders. "All those times I had visited you and I helped you out while that idiot was away, I've seen the way you've looked at me. Just admit it. And I heard from your sisters that you left with your friends to go somewhere. Where else would you go besides the Spirit Tournament?"