CHAPTER 9 - REGISTERING FOR THE TOURNAMENT

Ash arrived at the Indigo Plateau within two hours. Even though it was quite a distance from their island to the tournament area, Pidgeot was one of Ash's fastest pokémon, especially in the air, but she still took her time to get there. If she wanted to, they would've been there in half the time buy she was enjoying the trip and Ash didn't mind. They landed in front of the plateau's hotel, which had a sign in front of it saying that the tournament registration was held there. Ash and Pikachu looked around, not seeing anyone. They did get there pretty early and it was a Saturday morning, everyone sleeping in.

Ash slid off Pidgeot, thanking her for the ride and told her to get a good rest as he returned her. Her poke ball then vanished from his hand in a blue glow after minimizing it. He unclipped Gardevoir's luxury ball and brought her out, her ball disappearing and soon brought forth Lucario as well. The four then stepped inside the building and walked up to the pretty girl with pink hair, who was wearing a nurse's uniform and was busy working on her computer while behind the front counter. The ground floor of the hotel doubled as a pokémon center.

"Good morning Nurse Joy. I'm here to register for the tournament," said Ash.

"That's great. Please provide me with your invitation and Poke Dex," replied the nurse without looking up from her computer screen. Ash took them out and placed them on the counter. Nurse Joy took them without even noticing who was in front of her.

"Okay, so here's the invitation, okay that's in order. Alright, let's slip your Poke Dex into the system's scanner here and let's see....hmm....okay so you're Aaaa....Aaa...."

Nurse Joy began stuttering as she looked at the picture on her computer screen. She then glanced at the trainer standing in front of her.

"You.....you're....you...." she couldn't finish, her mouth kept opening and closing. Ash chuckled while his pokémon around him grinned.

"Yea, it's me."

"Ash Ketchum!" shrieked Nurse Joy. "Oh my Arceus! They said you disappeared! Nobody was able to find you! You know how many people went looking for you?"

Ash tilted his head, his cheeks turning a little red. "They did? I'm sorry about that. I just went into training." He said as he scratched the back of his head.

"Oh, so that's what you were up to? Well, I'm glad that you're okay Mr. Ketchum and participating at this tournament. A lot of people are going to be extremely happy to hear you're back! This may be one of the biggest tournaments ever!" said the nurse excitedly.

"Whoa wait up!" cried out Ash suddenly, waving his hands in front of him. "I don't want anyone to know I'm here. I'm going to participate under an alias and disguise. I can do that right? I really don't want the attention. Please Nurse Joy!" pleaded the raven-haired trainer. Nurse Joy was over whelmed by his puppy dog eyes and pout.

"Oh alright. I can't say no to that face," sighed Nurse Joy, her face heating up. "I won't tell anyone you're here, but in order to compete in the tournament, you must register with your Poke Dex. Good news is only the president, Mr. Charles Goodshow will know and I will send him a message right now telling him that you want to enter under an alias. You may want to get a disguise on right now and think up of a name quick, as I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of people here soon."