CHAPTER 6 - NEW ISLAND

Ash, Pikachu, Riolu and Mewtwo appeared out of thin air with a slight blue glow around them on the shores of their destination, New Island. No sooner had their feet touch the ground that the crystal given to the raven-haired trainer dissolved into blue sparkling particles before vanishing completely. The group walked on, away from the shore towards the center of the island and came upon a small dirt path and they followed it. The island seemed to be vastly different than when Mewtwo was using it for his base of operations when he wanted to rule the world.

"It's pretty different than the last time we were here huh Mewtwo?" asked Ash.

Mewtwo nodded. He was surprised that the island was completely changed than when he had last seen it. Of course when he left, he disabled all the electronic equipment on the island but left everything pretty much intact. Yet, his old fortress and battlefield were long gone, with no trace of them ever existing. It seemed to be more of a tropical island since all they saw was trees, bushes and the dirt path they were following. They hoped it would lead to the center of the island and find something.

They continued walking for about half an hour when they finally came upon a clearing and noticed a black spiked gate that was connected on both ends to white walls that extended pretty long on both sides. There was a design on the gate; it was a picture of the fully evolved forms of the Kanto starters in a group. Venusaur on the left, Blastoise on the right, and Charizard in the middle and a little behind the other two, with its wings spread out. They approached the gate, pushed it open and walked in. What they next saw made all of them gasp.

There was a small water fountain that had a statue of the same design as the gate, and just behind that was a large two story house that looked like a miniature mansion. Ash and Pikachu grinned and then sprinted towards the house, while Riolu and Mewtwo followed shortly after. The young guardian reached the door, grabbed the doorknob and turned it. He and Pikachu stepped inside the building after pushing open the door and their jaws dropped.

They were greeted with a huge living room with three large couches surrounding a decent sized coffee table in the shape and design of a common poke ball, with a large flat screen TV hanging against the wall in front of them. They saw two staircases on both sides of the living room, with door openings under them. The left door opening led to a large dining room, where a long black dining table with a dozen chairs around it was set in the middle of the room. The right door opening led to another living room that doubled as a den, with more couches and another coffee table, all in front of a large fire place.

In the main living room, the wall that had the hanging TV, also had two door openings on either side of the TV, however, they both led to a large kitchen, with many cupboards. There were several brand new appliances that included a refrigerator, dishwasher, electric stove and microwave. There was another door opening to the right that led to a laundry room with brand new washer and dryer. To the left, another door opening led to a pantry, with shelves lining the walls. The kitchen also had a single door in the middle of the back wall that led to the back yard. The backyard had a fairly large patio, with a larger oval pool a little away from the patio, along with a raised oval jacuzzi next to the pool on the other side facing the building. There was also a barbeque area in the patio. The pool also had a several lounge chairs surrounding it.

After checking out the backyard, they went upstairs and saw that there were five bedrooms and three bathrooms. Two bedrooms on the left with a bathroom in between them, with the same thing on the opposite side, and in the middle, a master bedroom, which was also over the main living room, with a master bathroom as well as a large walk in closet. Across the hall from the master bedroom they saw elevator doors. Curious to why it was there, they pushed the button and the elevator door's dinged open. They got in and noticed there were only three buttons next to three words; one next to "Office", one next to "Bedrooms" and the last one next to "Roof". They pushed the button for "Roof" first and felt the elevator go up.